• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ablister

Ebay Trailing Arm Shafts

welshpug

why do you say that?

they are the same picture on both auctions, and neither come in genuine boxes, but the paper wrapping is the same as the o.e item.

PEUGEOT 205 Rear Beam Trailing Arm Shaft KIT 517617 NEW O.E

BRAND NEW TRAILING ARM SHAFT AXEL FOR PEUGEOT 205 ALL MODELS

PRICED FOR A PAIR TO DO BOTH SIDES !

:)

ablister

what auction is that quote from?

i asked neat about the cheaper £100/pair ones and they said they weren't genuine...

ablister

just noticed that someone has bought 2 shafts from jsrallying this morning! :)

tri_longer
neat sell genuine ones for £110 each delivered here, if you mean these then they are not genuine

They state that the £100 ones are "THIS ITEM IS AN ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT PART"

ablister
They state that the £100 ones are "THIS ITEM IS AN ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT PART"

i can't see any text in the advert? All i see in the description is the neat autos logo with a phone number and the citroen c5 and 207 cc picture. I take it there is text underneath explaining what it is which would explain why i couldn't see welshpugs quote from advert?! That's been my problem then as my computer (damn thing) doesn't load anymore text! :) :emabarrassedsmiley:

ali :)

tri_longer

I now have in front of me a pair of the £100 Neat Autos arms. They come packaged in the manufacturers wrapping, which is a Spanish company 3RG Industrial, they have a website www.3rgindustrial.com

I can confirm that the opening at one end is definitely 30mm, and the othe end looks to be about the same, though I don't have any verniers at work to measure accurately.

Hope this is of some help.

Bigtimmy

Just so I've got this straght in my mind. :)

The Neat Autos £100 a pair ones will fit a 28mm arb through them, but aren't genuine?

I'm guessing they look good quality and manly enough to cope with some sustained abuse?!?!?

tri_longer

I've never seen a geniune one to compare it to so i couldn't say, but using some unscientific equipement (postit note & ruler) the hole in the middle is 30mm all the way through so a 28mm bar would fit.

As to sustained abuse, your guess is as good as mine. I guess the grade of steel could vary, but if they are sold as OE spec then they should meet the same standards.

Mine is used for sprints and hillclimbs and very little road use so they won't get the same abuse as a rally car for example.

Only time will tell i guess.

ablister
Just so I've got this straght in my mind. :)

The Neat Autos £100 a pair ones will fit a 28mm arb through them, but aren't genuine?

neat autos told me they weren't genuine anyway. But maybe this spanish company make them for peugeot so just because they won't be in peugeot packaging doesn't mean they won't be genuine?

tri_longer, cheers for that, will probably get these ones too then :)

pug_ham

Just looked at the link to Neat Ali posted & noticed something I found funny;

COMMON PROBLEMS/SYMPTOMS
  • MOT FAILURE !
  • BACK END DOESNT FEEL SECURE
  • WHEN GOING OVER RAMPS OR UNEVEN SURFACES, VERY BAD RIDE
  • CAMBERS CAN'T BE ADJUSTED , TYRES GETTING WORN/BLOW OUTS

I didn't think you could adjust camber as standard on any Peugeot rear beam that uses this typeof radius arm shaft. :o

Graham.