• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

Xsara Activa Loom (transponder Type)

Edd-XS

Hello all! Jeez its been a while since I've been on this :D

I have recently purchased an unfinished 2.0 turbo project with a friend of mine, however, we have just found out that the engine and loom supplied with the car, is probably from the later type Xsara with transponder key. What I'm keen to know is, the chances of the ecu being un-locked are probably slim! Before we get stuck in working on looms etc, are we wasting our time on something that will be useless? Can the ECU be unlocked seperately? Are the transponder looms different to the keypad type loom? We plan on getting this up and running as soon as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated :) I have done a search (on here and google) and not been able to find much at all about this issue...

Ta guys :lol:

Edd

Anthony

Just get someone to unlock the ECU for you - I think ade4wd on here can do them, so worth dropping him a PM.

I've no experience with Turbo looms in particular, but certainly say on a GTi-6 it doesn't normally matter whether the loom was originally from a keypad or transponder based car, as you don't use any of that when it's wired into a 205. All you need is an unlocked ECU, which unless the seller knew what they were doing and unlocked it prior to removal, you won't have.

Edd-XS

I see you are still full of straight forward, simple advice Anthony! Many thanks :D

Miles

The turbo engine's never made it to the Xsara only the Xantia which all had the Keypads AFAIK even the 605, 406 where the same the transponder came in when the engine was dumped for the better 16v engine

Edd-XS

Ah! Good to know Miles thankyou, the guy I bought it off swore there was no keypad from the car he got the engine from, but either way, I shall get it un-locked and all will (hopefully!) be good :D

Now, to search for '2.0 turbo wiring tips' haha

Thanks all,

Edd

Anthony

If there's no keypad, it won't be locked if that's the case - worth seeing if there's someone local that has a 205 Turbo who's car you can test it on perhaps?

(that said, I wasn't aware that there were any Xantia Activa's without a keypad if that's definately where the engine came from)

Edd-XS

Ha! I might get it checked out just in case... the joys of buying someone elses part-conversion!

Thanks again

Sign in to follow this