• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
banditxs

Tu3 Carb

banditxs

I currently have a 205 xs with the solex 32/34 carb,is there any carbs other than weber 40,s(cost too much) that can be fitted,preferably a direct fit onto the existing inlet manifold?iam after more power that dosnt cost more than my car is worth,thanks.

allye

weber dgas, needs some slight modifying to fit the solex manifold supposed increase in power (and fuel!) I know of some 1360 rally 205s that run them.

Cheers, Ali

miamichris

You could fit bike carbs to it with a bogg bros inlet manifold, check out Swordfish's project thread on here as he's done it. Apparently a csc marmitte exhaust manifold makes a good difference aswell.

But to be honest, if the solex carb is in good nick and set up right then I'd stick with it as its a good carb and when that second choke kicks in, if you haven't a smile on your face then there's something wrong with you! :)

I loved my Xs engine but you're not going to get massive power out of it, if you want more power then stick another engine in it! I put a 106 gti engine in mine, there's a topic somewhere called "Xs disaster" if you want to look :)

allye
Apparently a csc marmitte exhaust manifold makes a good difference aswell.

Show me where you can get one and I'll eat my hat!

Yer bike carbs arnt a bad idea, not that cheap though, manifold prob about £200, carb £100ish then theres throttle linkage, air filters......

The solex is a good carb though, people have played around with rejetting them or drilling the jet out it has been covered a few times before as i asked about a while ago!

A;o

tomcolinjones

i fitter the dvg, from a capri 1.6.

all i you need to do is drill out the mounting holse a little bit. and it should go streight on. i used part of the linkage from the solex and fitted it ti the weber so i didnt need to route a new cable or anything.

runs realy well, i havnt had it set up, just got it as close as i can. makes an awesome sound, and picks up so quick.

heres a pic.

tomcolinjones

obv that pic is before i made the linkage up!

banditxs

Thats great,thanks for your help,my solex is in good nick and a k&N on top with the jet that came with the filter,i will have a look at the weber dgas but i think the bike carbs will be a bit pricey for the inlet,thanks for all your help and the pic.

Edited by banditxs

tomcolinjones

i have pics of carbs together, anf fitted with air box and breather setup and linkage, but wont upload for some reason, ask me if u want them emailed.

burr_2000

lol you can order them still, my reply :)

Good morning,

we thank you very much for your kind request. We have a 4-2-1 manifold for a Peugeot XS 1360 (from '87-'91) and the article code is PE130000 at euro 336.00 + shipping costs to the Uk.

The article will be available in approximately 20 working days.

allye

Good morning,

we thank you very much for your kind request. We have a 4-2-1 manifold for a Peugeot XS 1360 (from '87-'91) and the article code is PE130000 at euro 336.00 + shipping costs to the Uk.

mmmmmmmm, Bargain

tomcolinjones
Thats great,thanks for your help,my solex is in good nick and a k&N on top with the jet that came with the filter,i will have a look at the weber dgas but i think the bike carbs will be a bit pricey for the inlet,thanks for all your help and the pic.

i would seriously look at fitting the weber. personlally i find it much better than the solex, ok fuel economy is not good when leathering it, but on gentle acceleration, it is near the solex. the car picks up so quickly with this weber fitted. i wouldnt use a solex again, honestly, go for the weber

miamichris

Good morning,

Do you want a knife and fork for that hat allye? :)

allye
Do you want a knife and fork for that hat allye? :)

Did I mention my hat is made from coco pops?

miamichris
Did I mention my hat is made from coco pops?

Spoon it is then :)

tdr_1976

I run the standard Solex on my XS, great carb, and as mentioned earlier, when the second choke kicks in, it does put a smile on your face!

swordfish210
i would seriously look at fitting the weber. personlally i find it much better than the solex, ok fuel economy is not good when leathering it, but on gentle acceleration, it is near the solex. the car picks up so quickly with this weber fitted. i wouldnt use a solex again, honestly, go for the weber

Second that, i used to run a Weber DGV on my car before i switched to the bike carbs and i thought it was excellent. The car felt so much better through the whole rev range than it did with the solex.

tomcolinjones
Second that, i used to run a Weber DGV on my car before i switched to the bike carbs and i thought it was excellent. The car felt so much better through the whole rev range than it did with the solex.

swordfish helped me a bit when i put mine on, cheers for that m8

macaroni
lol you can order them still, my reply :angry:

Good morning,

Jeez, when I organised a some group buys of these a few years ago, they were less than £200, delivered!

It is a great manifold, fits perfectly and gives good power but that is more than the worth of most XS's these days.

Don't bother with a Weber DGAS carb. I had one on mine and whilst it is great in a straight line, with loads more power, they are fitted 90 degrees to how they're supposed to fit and on corners, the engine dies.