• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lemmingzappa

Write Off

Batfink

Cat B they will want to take the car away. I got your text and have the A-frame at the ready if we need to hide it :). We can always gut the car and stick it on bricks if need be and leave them with a virtually bare shell...

SurGie

That would mean you only get what it is worth as a bare shell wont it ?

lemmingzappa

The engineer asked me if I wanted to keep the car and I obviously said yes. He also mentioned negotiating with the insurance company to get a payout.

So I'm assuming I can keep the car for parts only and still get my payment for a new car ?

Do you have a towing vehicle Kev ?

Simes

I managed to buy my CATB write off back for £400.

I was allowed to break the car up which I used all the running gear for the reshell and at the final count made about £1000 on the bits I didn't need.

I had to send pictures of it in it's bare state to proof it was going to be crushed.

Edited by Simes

marksorrento205

When my 205 got lightly hit from behind by a van, they wanted to right it off. It took a lot of fighting and sending them photocopys of lots of receipts etc before they started to come round. I had it re inspected and the second guy saw the car for what it was and after a bit of a chat with him we can to a mutual agreement. I bought the new boot floor and they fitted it and repaired the car with putting in on a cat d or c. I was lucky tbh. Good luck!