• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205*31*

1.9 Injectors, Ecu And Afm

205*31*

Gonna change all these today. I have done injectors on a car before and this looks easier access to the one I done in past, is it just a case of remove the c clips and remove them? being careful not to lose o ring etc...

I have read on here though I should get a 1.9 dizzy? My engine is a 1.9 but has 1.6 injectors, ecu and afm and want to swap them to 1.9.

cheers.

alync406

Changing the injectors are pretty much as you have said.

I think you are better off swapping the distributor as they have a differnent advance curve I think,or you could probably send it to H&H to get it re-curved if you dont have another one.

Anthony

Just be careful when you remove the injectors that you don't pull the nozzle off the end which can happen if the lower O-ring is stuck, as the nozzle can drop down into the port and either sit on the back of the valve, or if you're unlucky, fall past an open valve and into the engine...

Alan_M
Just be careful when you remove the injectors that you don't pull the nozzle off the end which can happen if the lower O-ring is stuck, as the nozzle can drop down into the port and either sit on the back of the valve, or if you're unlucky, fall past an open valve and into the engine...

If you don't want that to happen, pull the manifold off. I've had that happen to me a while ago, and was very lucky as the valve was on its seat.

The O rings can perish too, might be worth grabbing spares.

205*31*

Done it all thankfully the 1.6 injectors look in pretty good nick to be honest which is good :blink: I just pulled the rail of removed coil and took old out put refurbed 1.9 in :D have put ecu in now just got afm to do + I want to do some rewiring as its abit messy :)

abit worried about dizzy now can someone definitily confirm the dizzy are different on 1.9 and 1.6?

205*31*

Done it guys. :(

All I can say if you plan on doing rewiring be sure to have a good soldering iron and good solder! :)

I rewired the ecu temp sensor as I left the boot cover of it last time :D god took some soldering cheap crappy solder :( did it but not the best solder by any means wasn't expecting car to fire....

but jesus pushed my start button and it fired instantly much quicker than usual sounded lumpy to start with but maybe that was ecu learning or something? :) anyway messed with idle screw and it settled down and started idling nice no hunting or anything :)

The 1.6 injectors I took out looked grubby but o rings etc... look in good nick maybe just need a good clean :)

Sign in to follow this