• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stefan

4.4cwp(mi16 Fd) In 1.9 Box

stefan

Yes it does, I forgot about that, it reeks of hypocrisy as well of ignorance, in my book it's also rude to preach about something you obviously know very litlle about, and not read the post before.

just for example:

'or get sick of a high revving engine.' - changing a FD does not alter gearspeed ratios - thus it can not produce a 'high revving engine' , the car just 'goes through the gears faster, the point at which the revs fall when upshift don't change

'use the calculators and links provided to give you an idea' - I already addressed the issue of those calculators and their

implementation just a few replies before. They can only be used to calculate speeds that a certain gear can reach with a certain ratio and max. rpm, and not acceleration.

This only shows what I mean, and is not aimed against anyone, I didn't say anything so far, but when you get pulled by the tongue...

If certain individuals would act accordingly to the forum rules and guidelines, these things wouldn't occur.

My opinions might ocassionaly be only an educated guess, but I would certainly not try to bully anyone else with them, especially if I'm wrong.

But luckily this forum is much more then this... there are people here who know what they are talking about, and don't bother others, their work and results speak for themselves, and are of great use to the rest of us

So to quote : 'If you don't like it...'- don't post - I would add

Baz

I think it's more the fact that you're asking such a non-specific open ended question with such variable answers that nobody can really answer.

stefan

I agree with you, someone who hasn't done it surely can't give an answer.

unariciflocos

Having just blown a clutch or something in the transmission on my last stage I am also interested in what Stefan asked.

I am running a 1.9 box and have a 1.6 box and an Mi16 box as spares and don't know which one to use.

The question seems really simple to me, which box is fastest to 100km/h on an Mi16? Someone must have switched boxes and found they are 0.x seconds faster or slower on a quarter mile let's say.

tomcolinjones

the 1.9 box with the mi16 f/d is the fastest 0/60mph on a mi16, but it is hard to give figures as it is all dependant on your engine / setup / weight e.t.c.

i am using the mi16 gearbox in my mi16 205 for road rallying, and i get on with it.

i will be fitting a 1.9 gti box with a f/d from a xsara vts (mi16) to my new 205 that im not telling anyone about! shush!

PaulJLLD

i will be fitting a 1.9 gti box with a f/d from a xsara vts (mi16) to my new 205 that im not telling anyone about! shush!

And cause off?

C_W

I did a 6.3s 0-60 at a shootout day in my Mi16/1.9 gearbox - I only did 2 runs so could probably have gone quicker, but it was still the fastest 0-60 there amongst several Mi16s, GTi6s, 106GTis (ie similar cars). SteveC couldn't get his Mi16/Mi16 gearbox below 7seconds no matter how may times he tried due to the 2nd gearchange. Maybe a 1.6 final drive would make it a touch better still reaching 60mph in 2nd?

For me a 4.4 is for rallying/stages; IMO it will hamper 1/4 mile times unless your engine revs to 1million rpm or you can change gear like lightning. Martin CRF posted low 14s with a standard Mi16 on bodies making 175bhp, he was crossing in 3rd gear.

tomcolinjones

And cause off?

its another project mr gwalchmai.

Sign in to follow this