• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Mot Fail

swordfish210

The 309 wishbones i bought from my local motorfactor seem to have stood up to a decent amount of abuse. I may have to pop in there sometime soon to see how many pairs they can get.

TaffyTim
You could've bought these;

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...=111144&hl=

:blink:

I'm looking into getting some wishbone bolts too, as like you i discovered they're insanely priced at Pug.

Thanks Baz. ;-)

I caught sight of that deal yesterday as I was having a mooch about the site and kicked myself. If i'd used thoes I wouldnt have had the silly thought of changing the subframe bolts too, never mind, its only money! ! !

TaffyTim

Whats the process of putting these back on. I'm having memories of having to put the wheels back on and letting the car sit on its weight before tourquing it up. Is this right?

TaffyTim

OK Main Dealers are rubbish.

I went to pick up my bit today gsf for the arm peugeot for the fixings. They got me everything apart from the nut that goes onto the balljoint to hub bolt!

They said they cant sell this nut alone it only comes with a kit, what appeared to be the bush kit. Aparently the bush kit gives you everything apart from the bolt that the nut goes onto! So she offered that she hold onto the subframe nuts and bolts, let me walk away with the balljoint bolt, then order the missing balljoint nut in tomorrow. She would then hand all that over for a further 7 quid.

Now I may not look the sharpest tool in the box but asking me to pay 7quid for a nut! Please! Refund thankyou!

Message sent to baz.

welshpug

you could use the old nut just to get it MOT'd.

ad yes with the Rubber type bush you need to tighten the bolts with the weight on the wheels, or at least the wishbones at the same angle as if the weight was on the wheels :)

TaffyTim

I know me too well welshpug. If I did that i'd never get back around to changing it!!

Ta for the confirmation, if I did jack the wishbone into the correct angle what would that be, horrizontal to the ground? More angle or less angle?

welshpug

depends how low you have the ride height.

TaffyTim

Lol, I suppose it would <_<

Anthony
OK Main Dealers are rubbish.

I went to pick up my bit today gsf for the arm peugeot for the fixings. They got me everything apart from the nut that goes onto the balljoint to hub bolt!

They said they cant sell this nut alone it only comes with a kit, what appeared to be the bush kit. Aparently the bush kit gives you everything apart from the bolt that the nut goes onto! So she offered that she hold onto the subframe nuts and bolts, let me walk away with the balljoint bolt, then order the missing balljoint nut in tomorrow. She would then hand all that over for a further 7 quid.

Now I may not look the sharpest tool in the box but asking me to pay 7quid for a nut! Please! Refund thankyou!

The balljoint bolt and nut are definitely available individually and not part of a kit at all

Part numbers and prices off Servicebox for the bolt and nut respectively are:

692396 - CAPSCREW 10X150-50 (99p each inc VAT)

362230 - IAM 10X150-12,6-16 (78p each inc VAT)

TaffyTim

Ta anthony, I got some of Baz in the end and apart from a tempremental indicator wire that I had to go away and fiddle witht it sailed through.