• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
markw

Emerald K6 Onto A Gti6 With Jenveys

markw

The emerald only supplies a single wire for each of the 4 ignition drivers and 4 injection drivers, so does it matter which one of the two wires on each coil pack (and injectors) i connect to the emerald loom.

DrSarty

Have you not asked Carl or Dave at Emerald?

They're really very helpful and the advice will be guaranteed to be accurate.

EDIT: And just to add - rather than appear difficult - remember that ignition components and injectors are really just coils that receive a 12v switched ignition source when you turn the key, and then are waiting to be grounded by the ECU acting as a trigger, so really (in simple terms), one wire for each sounds right.

Pairing will need to be correct though, i.e 1+4 and 2+3, as if you have them the wrong way round the fuel and/or spark will arrive 180deg out.

Edited by DrSarty

Miles

As said, it does but the info will all be in the wiring information supplied, Don;t forget that No1 is at the flywheel end

markw

Sarty/Miles, there is only one wire for each, what i was trying to explain was does it matter which one(of two wires) on each coil or injector i connect

to,

cheers

mark

ps just for reference there are 4 ignition and 4 injection drivers

Tom Fenton

There has to be more than one wire to a coil or injector as otherwise it will not work. I haven't yet wired a K6, but if it is anything like the K3, there will be a +5v common to the injectors and coils coming out of the ECU on more than one pin. You need to study the wiring diagram, the K3 diagram is very good and easy to follow, and I imagine the K6 will be very similar.

DrSarty
There has to be more than one wire to a coil or injector as otherwise it will not work. I haven't yet wired a K6, but if it is anything like the K3, there will be a +5v common to the injectors and coils coming out of the ECU on more than one pin. You need to study the wiring diagram, the K3 diagram is very good and easy to follow, and I imagine the K6 will be very similar.

Sorry. On mobile, can't avoid quoting.

That can't be right Tom. Injector power usually comes from a relay and is 12v. The ecu just grounds them. I do agree that they have more than 1 wire, but not from the ecu.

The 5v outputs are usually for TPS and perhaps wideband as a reference signal.

Some coils (like mine) needed a 5v pull up trigger but I think that's a rare set up. Even Emerald from memory just has a single pin coil driver on each of the coil drivers.

I'm assuming that the new K6 has provision for 4 of each and fully sequential ignition and fuel.

If the OP's running wasted spark then 1 and 4 - if that's the question - surely can be either way round as they fire together?

I'd call Emerald tomorrow to confirm.

Edited by DrSarty

Miles

I always wire them up in pair's and in the diag just to keep things common and if anyone else looks at it makes life easy, I know when I get some wired funny it takes allot longer to figure out whats what.

But yes the Injectors and coils need to be wired like this, THe K3 and K6 are the same bar the USB port