• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sport1901966

Mi16 Expected Pressure With 26t Sprocket And Gti6 Spring

welshpug

the 3 bolts are different lengths, so best to whip them out and check, the lenghts and locations are shown on servicebox and miamistu's copy of the parts data.

sport1901966
the 3 bolts are different lengths, so best to whip them out and check, the lenghts and locations are shown on servicebox and miamistu's copy of the parts data.

Thanks, I'll check it now!

Edited by sport1901966

Tom Fenton

There are three different lengths, but if you compare them to the different heights of the spot faces on the oil pump, its obvious which one goes where.

There is an odd countersink type effort on the spot faces, but a decent thick washer will help thinsg clamp up better.

I use a small smear of RTV silicon on the join to help matters.

sport1901966

I'm now totally confused as what I have is quite different to what servicebox and miamistus parts data. I've copied the diagrams into the picture below (I also used the GTi6 pump as a comparison as I also have one lying around.

The red lengths are the servicebox values, the brown are what I have as they came out of the engine.

Pumpbolts.jpg

Starting with the Mi16, I have 2 correct length bolts, but an 80mm instead of the 85mm, also none of the bolts had washers. What confuses me most is the rear bolt, my pump doesnt have a big hole (just bolt sized) and dowel as circled in green and the 75mm bolt I have doesnt fit through the hole as it is. (Incidentally I have the same 75mm bolt with the GTi6 pump, and this also doesnt fit the gti6 pump rear hole). Also the spacer plate I have doesnt have a slot (as circled blue, it is shaped like the blue sketch.

In the GTi6 diagram I appear to have all the right bolts but the 75mm one doesnt fit where it is supposed to go...

Basically I'm totally confused, do I have an Mi16 pump? have the bolts been messed with in the past? :)

EDIT also just measured the depth of the hole to take the 85mm bolt, including the pump and spacer the total 'hole length' is 71.5, so an 85mm bolt would be way to long...........

Edited by sport1901966

RalliArt

Dude, I had the same problem for a few months after a full rebuild of my MI also using the 6 bar spring, couple a days ago i took of the sump and did a baffle, so took of the oil filter, took of the oil cooler's flange because i didn't knew from were was the oil leak, so everything was rechecked and fit back again, better tightening of the flange and also the oil filter was tightened very well, and for 2 days i haven't notice any signs of a leak. But also did something else, the flange of my oil cooler is second hand, it was modified from a BMW 5 series a diesel engine(don't know nothing more about it) and I coat the sealing with a very thin layer of silicon(I'm using the Victor Reinz silicon it's doing amazing job )probably it helped me a lot.

sport1901966

I've ditched the oil cooler but a smear of sealant around the filter could be a good call, i suspect oil is weeping out between the block and filter also so hopefully that'll sort it!

RalliArt

Well I don't think that you should put sealant on the filter's seal, no point of that, don't forget that you twist the filter to tighten so the sealant won't be able to help preventing further oil leaks...

P.S. BTW do you put a little oil on the surface of the oil filter's seal when you tighten??? you know it's necessary...

sport1901966

You make a good point about the sealant, but yea I always smear some oil round the filter seal, Its only a very small weep if anything so only a minor thing at the moment!

Sign in to follow this