• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AtoM

306 Gti-6 Injectors On A 1.9 8v Engine

AtoM

I´ve done a quick search on the forum for this but i haven´t found anything about it.

Is it possible to use 306 gti injectors on 1.9 8v engine?

Because mine are dead and a friend gave me this ones, and as they are a little bit longer I don´t know if it is ok to use them.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot

DrSarty

No in simple terms.

Your 1.9 ECU is expecting to deliver a certain quantity of fuel when it holds open a certain set of injectors. If you put higher flow rate injectors in (GTI6 = ~266cc/min), you'll basically be over-fuelling.

Remember that 1.9/Mi16 (yellow) injectors are good for 180bhp+, and I've seen (personally) 240+ out of GTI6 injectors.

They deliver more fuel in a given time, and unless your ECU knows this and can manage things, you'll be heading for trouble.

I'm not saying the car won't run, but it won't run right.

205freak

DrSarty but he´s using a megasquirt ecu so that would be ok???

welshpug

he didn't say anything about his ecu which justifies DrSarty's response, but if he is using a mappable ecu then they should be fine.

the fuel rail no doubt needs modifying if they are longer, but it would be far simpler to just obtain another set of 8 valve injectors as they would go straight in (possible 1.9 mI16 will do the job too)

Miles

They are the same length, So they might be something else not that i know of any longer ones'

Yes if your using Megasquit then a remap will run them fine at a guess

AtoM

Thanks for all the replies.

Dr Sarty that was what I wanted to know, if the standard ECU was capable of running those injectors and if they would fit the 8v head with no problems.

This is for a standard 1.9 engine with a standard ECU. It was told to me that these injectors come from a gti-6, and comparing with the standard ones, they are a bit longer.

It was easier to use the standard ones, but here in portugal it is not easy to find them and I needed the car for this weekend.

Many thanks

welshpug

very easy to find, there's loads on here!

Miles

You can use the black ones as fitted to 306 16v XSi's and huge amount of other PSA car's

Pug Monkey
he didn't say anything about his ecu which justifies DrSarty's response, but if he is using a mappable ecu then they should be fine.

the fuel rail no doubt needs modifying if they are longer, but it would be far simpler to just obtain another set of 8 valve injectors as they would go straight in (possible 1.9 mI16 will do the job too)

Is there a difference between 8v & 16v (1.9l) injectors? From the above quote it sounds like you are saying there is a slight difference.

When I was putting my Mi16 into the 205 I used the 8v injectors on the 16v head as they were new compared to the 16v ones at the time were shot! The 8v items had the same Bosch code, same color and same fit so I didn't see any difference between the two.

Mark.

jackherer

1.9 8v and 1.9 16v injectors are 100% identical, 0 280 150 762 yellows.

welshpug

There you go :lol: I could remember a mention of it but wasn't 100%.

tomcolinjones
There you go :) I could remember a mention of it but wasn't 100%.

the ones out of my 2.0l mi16 are 0280 150 423 and these are yellow. i have damaged 2 of them on removal, so i am going to replace them with some gti6 oes that i have here, and remap the car when the engine is in and running.

bensonmi

my 1.9 came fitted with grey injectors out of a vauxhall i beleive, its got a fuel pressure reg and the bloke i got it off said its a whole lot better than when it was on carbs, but he only used it for hill climbs and sprints so wasnt used daily.

After what dr sarty has said tho i think il be sticking some yellow injectors back in as i dont fancy melting my engine!!

Sign in to follow this