• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
thomasrally

Hadrians Panels - Which Wing For Gti?

thomasrally

Hi guys

Does anyone know which of the 2 wings below is the correct one for a 89 205 Gti?

With what seems like the indicator hole - Wing number 1

or this one without the indicator hole cut - Wing number 2

Confused!

hcmini1989
Hi guys

Does anyone know which of the 2 wings below is the correct one for a 89 205 Gti?

With what seems like the indicator hole - Wing number 1

or this one without the indicator hole cut - Wing number 2

Confused!

Dont bother mate there a really bad fit and i mean REALLY BAD .Plus they dont take returns so its a waste of nearly £50 .Get a genuine one new or secondhand .But if you are going to get one the diffrence is the side repeater hole i believe they changed in late 89 so if yours has side repeaters you need the top one if not the bottom one.But if your car doesnt have wings on to match then.What phase is yours 1.5?

I think the change was in augast 89 then they had the side repeaters

Edited by hcmini1989

thomasrally

Bugger typical, no point one that doesnt fit properly then so thanks for the heads up!

I can get one locally for £40 from the motor factors but half that price from europarts but the europarts ones dont seem to be the right type, I think your right though it's got to be the number 1 wing

hcmini1989
Bugger typical, no point one that doesnt fit properly then so thanks for the heads up!

I can get one locally for £40 from the motor factors but half that price from europarts but the europarts ones dont seem to be the right type, I think your right though it's got to be the number 1 wing

I tried 2 copy ones luckily i got the second one to take it backand get my money back .But hadrian the c**ts wouldnt have it back .They fit but the panel gaps are crap i could get my sausage fingers in the gap between the wing and the door and im not exagerating .Plus not all the bolt holes line up .

genuine ones are about £100 plus vat but do a search and try and get a genuine secondhand one .

PVFCpug

I too can also vouch that the only one's worth getting are genuine. I purchased two panels from a non peugeot source and they are f***** awful. Panel gaps are dreadful and the bumper doesnt line up at all nowadays. When funds allow I will be going Pug genuine.

Edited by PVFCpug

gledhill

ive just re-panelled my 205 gti, nearly every part has been replaced. i bought some wings and door skins from a company called carz2 panels. around 25 quid for a wing. mine fits perfect and i mean perfect. i was picky with my rebuild and have spent 5 months doing the body work till its ultra flat. i have some pics on my web site

http://www.autoengineeringbfd.co.uk/current-projects.html

take a look i will update pics this week, the cars nearly done now just a couple of isues to sort!!

hcmini1989
ive just re-panelled my 205 gti, nearly every part has been replaced. i bought some wings and door skins from a company called carz2 panels. around 25 quid for a wing. mine fits perfect and i mean perfect. i was picky with my rebuild and have spent 5 months doing the body work till its ultra flat. i have some pics on my web site

http://www.autoengineeringbfd.co.uk/current-projects.html

take a look i will update pics this week, the cars nearly done now just a couple of isues to sort!!

Hard to tell mate from the pics on your website .But have you put a sill on the driivers side if so its not flush with the rest of the panels .Could just be the picture ?

I have the same problem on my 205 with a hadrian sill the f***n thing sticks out abit unlike the o.e one wich runs flush against the door and rear quarter

gledhill

your right about the sill mate, it is a little proud at the front wing on the picture. the rear is ok as i had to reconstruct the inner sill!

hcmini1989
your right about the sill mate, it is a little proud at the front wing on the picture. the rear is ok as i had to reconstruct the inner sill!

You and me both mate .Worth it in the end though suprises me how much the seat belts are held on by 2 spot welds :(

I spent ages and i mean ages about 3 days lining everything up on the drivers side so it was perfect before it goes for paint it had new sill wing inner sills door hinges ,Now its all perfect trouble is you go round the other side wich is how it come out of the factory and none of it lines up :(

I think its hit and miss with these copy panels one thing to remember is all 205 shells are a little diffrent unlike todays cars .So why one may fit yours it might not look right on mine .

Oh and other than that mate car looks well you`ll have to get some pics up though maybe start a project thread looks like you`ve put alot of work into it .And by the sounds of it your very picky like me if i see something thats isnt quite right i cant leave it alone untill its right i know other people might not notice but it keeps bugging me untill i sort it especially panel gaps

Edited by hcmini1989

gledhill

the shut gap that gets me is top of the door! all other gaps are spot on but the top is odd! or sh+te!

im up loading the rest of the pics i have at this moment so keep a look out!

hcmini1989
the shut gap that gets me is top of the door! all other gaps are spot on but the top is odd! or sh+te!

im up loading the rest of the pics i have at this moment so keep a look out!

I bent mine a little to get it right all though remeber that with one of the hinges tight the door still pivets a fair bit so get the bottom gaps right then tighten the bottom up then line the top up and tighten the top hinge up but i still had to bend the frame a fraction of a little bit to get it right.

thomasrally

Has anyone got anything good to say about hadrians panels at all or should they avoided completely? Genuine probably bit pricey for a rally car so what other choices are there?

Rippthrough
.But hadrian the c**ts wouldnt have it back .

They don't have any choice in the matter, distance selling regulations, you can return it within 14 days if you don't like it and they have to refund you the cost AND the postage.

welshpug

Hardians are the distributor/manufacturer, not the retailer.

Rippthrough
Hardians are the distributor/manufacturer, not the retailer.

Thought you could buy them online from them?

Either way, if you got them posted from a retailer you can send 'em back whether they like it or not.

Edited by Rippthrough

hcmini1989
Thought you could buy them online from them?

Either way, if you got them posted from a retailer you can send 'em back whether they like it or not.

Well i got mine from a local factors from hadrian but i nearly decked the little pr*ck in the shop when he said they wont have it back to late now over 14 days but at the time was about a week later.

You can buy direct from hadrian dont know wheather they deliver though i would have thought so .But you can collect from them aswell

Miles

Just got 2 sills from them, Look fine but time will tell but you cannot buy these anymore from Pug

hcmini1989
Just got 2 sills from them, Look fine but time will tell but you cannot buy these anymore from Pug

ive got a sill fitted from these and they sit proud on them as in poke out at were they meat the rear quarter .Let us know how you get on with these other than that not a bad fit .Well im happy with my sill of them other than the proud part but its acceptable