• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
WooDooUK

Ignition System Reliabily And Possible Replacements

WooDooUK

Evening All,

After having no end of trouble with misfires and other ignition/management shenanigans. I started thinking (dangerous and often expensive, Don't do it kids! :D )

Is it at all possible to run the 1.9 8v on any management systems from any later cars? (possibly more reliable?)

Not knowing an awful lot about non 205 pugs i have no idea if this is even possible, the 306 XSi seems like a logical place to start, being similar engine size and 8 valves.

and Discuss ;)

PS. Forgive me if i have missed some obvious reason this wont work :)

Just noticed the fail spelling in the subject, ;)

Edited by WooDooUK

welshpug

mp3.1 from a zx volcane is an ideal system to use as it has a map very suited to the standard 1.9 gti engine, also the bx 1.9 gti has the same system but not such an ideal map, though it will run fine.

I think the 405 SRi had the same system on an engine similar to the bx.

they can be remapped, IIRC Pugtorques ecu was from a 405 or a BX and has been remapped for a fast road cammed engine that runs circa 150 bhp.

there have been a few topics abut the conversion, done it on my car with the zx ecu.

the 306 xsi ecu would run, but similarly to the bx ecu wouldnt have an ideal map, also has smaller injectors, can be remaped as above.

remapping isnt cheap though, and so far I only know of one person that does the Bosch ecu's.

there are a few more that do the Mageti ecus