• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marcus

205 Starting Issue

Guest Marcus

This issues really has got me. I really don't know where to start looking.

About 3 weeks ago i got up to go to work, and when i turned the key in the ignition it wouldn't start. I hear the starter motor turn over (doesn't sound weak), but it doesn't turn over at all. So misses had to drop me off. When i got home that night i turned the key and it started first time. Thought it might just be down to it being quite cold that morning. So at 01:00 i went out in the cold and turned the key again, and it started. So got up the next morning and it happened again. It wouldn't start at all.

Now for the fun part. Next day it worked in the morning. Thought hey all now working and got to work. It had rained during the day and when i got to my car it wouldn't start at all. Well i lie it did start after turning the key for about 10 seconds none stop, after the 8th time turning the key. It didn't start right away, it just kinda ticked over a little then it just revved and then idled perfectly.

Now in the last week this has happened 3 times. Most of the time it's during the morning, but sometimes it's when i leave work.

I really don't know where to start. I've replaced the relay and starter motor about a month ago. The guy i bought the car off had a wire running from the ignition to the fuel pump at the back. I removed that and found the relay had gone so replaced that. But since then i've been having the issue, and i don't know enough to think where to start looking now.

Any ideas ?

Marcus