• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrG

Window Seals

MrG

I want to replace both rear qtr light seals and the rear hatch seal, can these still be bought new from Pug or is it a case of looking for good used ones?

MrG

doing a bit of searching, and the tailgate seal appears to be available from Autofive but the qtr windows are not.

Obey_R

If you find a source of good ones, let me know!

SurGie

Could you not use a 306 one instead for the rear quarters, just mounld it round then cut to fit ?

one-lady-owner

I know door aperture seals are available new from dealers, granted at £55 it's hardly the cheapest option, but it might be worth a try at your local dealer, better than going second hand and ending up with potentially more leaks than you started with!

engine killer

the rear quarter window weatherstrip 857225 has been obsoleted sometimes ago.

i have to use super glue to stick the split part back together :)

Ren
I want to replace both rear qtr light seals and the rear hatch seal, can these still be bought new from Pug or is it a case of looking for good used ones?

Can't help with the seal, but be aware that to replace the rear screen trim you will need to have the window removed and refitted as it is bonded in and will have probably caught the original trim and not leave enough room to get the new one in.

Anthony

Rob_The_Sparky mentioned something a few days ago that Peugeot are making another batch of rear quarter window seals - can't remember exactly what was said, but if you search for posts by him I'm sure you'll find it.

Another option, particularly for more track-oriented cars, is to use the non-opening windows and seals off a base model, as these don't suffer the same leakage/shrinking problem that the opening window type seals do :lol:

mhyphenl
Rob_The_Sparky mentioned something a few days ago that Peugeot are making another batch of rear quarter window seals - can't remember exactly what was said, but if you search for posts by him I'm sure you'll find it.

Any info on this would be welcomed!! I was tempted to try and get a quote for manufacture as I'm sure we could sell dozens on here!

Pugnut

Just incase its only a shrunk seal, then why not remove the seal and give it good stretch along all sides by putting it under your foot on the floor and stretch them. Take it easy at first to see how much force is required and refit a few times until its slight too big, but squishes into place nicely, then just give then a wipe over with some silicone spray. Done this on a couple of cars now and they dont shrink again and look great

you cant beat a new seal obviously , but the above costs £0.

Al

dch1950

In the absence of genuine seals I would definitely recommend this firm.(page #17 of their catalogue)

Woolies Trim shop. They are very helpful.

regards

Dave H