• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Weser

Wiring Loom Problem On 1.9 Gti

Weser

Hi people my 1.9 has had an alarm fitted in it's life badley. And now it's been cut out but I'm tidying it up. I have the dash out completely as I'm replacing a few parts. Away on the loom near the fuse box I have the loom has been cut and rejoined but the wire colours don't all match up which I presume they would. Plus some wires are not even connected. I wondered if anyone knows the loom well enough to give me a hand. Will add photos in a min as I'm posting on my iPhone at the mo.

Please help. Cheers

Weser

As promised Photos

See Attatchments

post-14179-1281979532_thumb.jpg

post-14179-1281979543_thumb.jpg

post-14179-1281979555_thumb.jpg

miamichris

lovely :)

I would say to get the wiring diagrams out mate, with the wiring being inside you can read the wire numbers and figure out what each original wire that has been cut relates to. Then its just a case of working through each wire that has been messed with, removing all the alarm stuff and reconnecting the original wires or running new ones if you have to.

I'd recommend soldering and heatshrinking everything you do but you can use connector blocks for testing purposes on wires you are not sure about, just until you know it runs ok, then solder and heatshrink everything. Good luck, just take each wire at a time!

Weser

I am using the old haynes manual but finding the wires is not the easiest. Some of the wires are not factory ones either. I.e. no printed numbers on them.

The car is all in running condition and is perfectly fine at the moment so I think I will keep the wires joined just neaten them up with solder and heat shrink.

I have removed all the alarm wires and tidyed all of them up so its just this last bit however I cannot even find some wires on the wiring diagrams.