• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeygulley

2.0 16v Xsi Engine Into 205

mikeygulley

Hey guys just wondering if a xsi engine is a good idea or not and if it is a bast*rd to do?

only asking because i have been offered one for next to nothing

Miles

Yes it's pretty much a direct swap bar the wiring, I'd stick to the 8v thou as it won;t be any quicker due to the 16v's weight

welshpug

unless you drop some cams and gti6 manifolds on it.

Richy_cti

the xsi is the 137 bhp engine i think, would be better off with a gti 168 standard and the engine and wiering would cost less than getting the xsi camed and remaped and it still wouldnt give the same output

mikeygulley
the xsi is the 137 bhp engine i think, would be better off with a gti 168 standard and the engine and wiering would cost less than getting the xsi camed and remaped and it still wouldnt give the same output

I have been looking for a gti6 for a little while but always seem to get pipped to the post when trying to buy one! (might be a sign) I was also thinking about putting an MI16 head onto my existing engine but have been umming and aarring about this too, I really enjoy driving my car but sometimes wish it had a bit more punch! (and have just helped a mate do an MI conversion). :D