• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
All Praise The GTI

6 On Itbs And Emerald

All Praise The GTI

just fitted my satchell bodies and k3 put on an emerald base map it starts and runs ok but seems to pop and bang allot. does this mean its overfuelling?

just want to make sure its safe to drive about abit for a couple days to test rest of car is ok as changed allot while was off the road and want check it all good before go for mapping on the 11th

thanks

nat

Miles

A base map is just that, I would guess it's a Mi map or along those line's off hand as I;ve never had a 6 base map from them yet.

But without knowing what the fueling is I wouldn;t drive it far by any means persoanlly, I tend to trailer any car I do to the mappers after nowing it starts and goes

All Praise The GTI

its ment to be a map fo a 6 on bodies apparrently from emeral. runs fine just pops and bangs abit. well i dont have a trailer so it will have to be driven to emerald. its only about 30 or so miles i think.

i just wanted to drive it a day or so first just to check all is well. need to go get tracking done and wheels balanced first too realy

Spiky

dont that mean it's running a bit lean,

All Praise The GTI

well i was under the impression it would be overfuelling???

but im unsure hence i asked lol

just need to know if its safe to drive obviously i wont be ragging it until its mapped

i do have a couple other maps i could try too

Spiky

when is it popping and banging?

All Praise The GTI

when reving it. only ran it for short periods so far so not really tested it properly but it seems to run ok just very noisey lol

while your hear spiky im stil trying to find out how to get my rev counter working, do you think your adapter could be fitted to my coil pack plugs or something??

thanks

nat

Tom Fenton

Whilst you are at Emerald buy one of their tacho drivers and then you can use the tacho output from the ECU. Driver can be connected in behind the clocks.

Atari Boy

If you can borrow a trailer/dolly, I am happy to tow it to Emerald mate.

All Praise The GTI

i will look into the tacho thing thanks tom

and thanks for the offer jonnie but i dont know anyone with one anymore :huh: i will just have to test drive it see how it goes. il tow it on a rope if it comes to it lol

Spiky

i fail to beleive there isnt an output from the ecu for a tacho, if not, what a s*ite ECU.

get ya multimetre on the pins of the coil, if the voltage raises with rev's thats ya output :huh:

Anthony
while your hear spiky im stil trying to find out how to get my rev counter working, do you think your adapter could be fitted to my coil pack plugs or something??

As I said, just adapt the rev counter as per the instructions Daz_C wrote - that's what the loom has been wired for

i fail to beleive there isnt an output from the ecu for a tacho, if not, what a s*ite ECU.

There is, but the rev counter isn't compatible without modification. Adapt it, and it'll work fine.

Spiky

solder the clock?

if so, yeah do that :huh:

welshpug

they do have an output for a tacho, its the same signal as a gti6 ecu afaik hence why it doesn't work with a 205 tacho.

All Praise The GTI

i did say i didnt want to take the dash out and mess with it as i really dont know what id be doing hence i wanted spikys converter or a similar thing done. il have to speak to dave w i guess.

unless someone is willing to convert a set of clocks for me???

Tom Fenton

The Emerald convertor has 4 wires. 2 of them go in line of the rev counter signal wire that comes from the ECU. The other 2 are a live feed and an earth. So you remove the dash cowl and can wire it up in less than 5 min without having to dismantle the clocks, from the 3 wires that plug into the rev counter. Doesn't get much more easy than this, and despite trying all sorts of buggering about with rev counters was the only thing that worked for me. Now on both my cars, works perfectly.

welshpug

and you can make one yourself for about a quid.

All Praise The GTI

thanks again tom :)

will see how much emerald charge but guess will be pricey

anyone want to make me one for a fiver then?.....welshpug :ph34r:

thanks

nat

All Praise The GTI

on emerald site tacho converter is £30!!! :)

someone want to do me one for £15 please :ph34r:

Spiky

and if you take the clocks out and do two dabs of solder it's free :)

All Praise The GTI

i searched and found one guide before but it confuesed me abit. couldnt see where to solder wires and diodes etc :)

i have a soldering iron etc but if someone could do me a converter i would prefere just join a few wires in lol

All Praise The GTI

so anyone up for making me a converter please???

B)

DrSarty

I think it's far easier to just get the Emerald tacho convertor Nat.

4 wires and it's in and as (birthday boy) Tom Fenton says, it works perfectly.

All Praise The GTI

well had it mapped today, dave seemed like a really nice bloke

182bhp atf and 150lbft at 7k revs. goes well and sounds awesome :huh:

Spiky

Nice one, sound great don't they, do you know your atw figure?