• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

1988 205 Enging Loom

Spiky

here are some pics from someone enging loom

anyone tell me all the pin outs?

how come the 1988 model has so little wires? where are feeds feees for starter and fuel, and the sensors?

15092009008.jpg

15092009006.jpg

15092009001.jpg

15092009009.jpg

Spiky

ok i know now the 6 pin plugs pin outs

is there a seperate sensor look on the early models?

Anthony

It looks like that fuel-only management loom uses a Phase 1 type sensor and ignition loom, which is very different to the Phase 1.5 and Phase 2 that you're likely more used to working on. The loom runs through the passenger side of the car, with the dash gauge/light wiring running straight to the back of the clocks, and the ignition side of things running to the fusebox.

Spiky

i just found a pic of a 205 with a black box on the inner wing, is there where that loom goes via?

surely the looms doesnt run straight from the sensors on the engine stright to clocks, with no break's?

Masekwm

When I broke my phase 1, the loom didn't have the brown engine bay plug. So looking at your photo and thinking of the phase 1.5 loom I have out the car at the moment, that's correct, it would run straight to the two small plugs under the dash.

I can't remember what went from that black box, it was a few wires in there I ultimately couldn't match up and ended up me scrapping the car.

Out of interest how much do you charge these days for mating a 306/205 loom?

Keith

Spiky

this must be a phase 1 then :P

bugger

my looms

85 if you supply me the looms

120 if i supply them

Anthony
surely the looms doesnt run straight from the sensors on the engine stright to clocks, with no break's?

That's exactly what it did from memory! There was a 3 pin connector that seperated the coolant and oil temp sensors near the engine, but otherwise, all the guage and warning light wiring ran straight through to the back of the dash - certainly caused me a bit of headscratching initially, given that I obtained the loom already off the car, incomplete, damaged, and in a box tangled up with a couple of other looms :P

this must be a phase 1 then :huh:

bugger

It's not a proper Phase 1 loom either though, or atleast, not the same as ones that I've seen - that's why I said it must use a Phase 1 type ignition and sensor loom, rather than it was a Phase 1 loom. 1988 seems late for Phase 1 as well, as the changeover was in late 1987 AFAIK.

Proper Phase 1 looms (ie C/D reg sort of era) that I've seen have the tachymetric relay on the sensor/ignition side of the loom (which is intertwined with the lighting and fan loom) and then the engine management loom has a couple of connections going into it - one for power etc which is in the black box with the tachymetric relay near the battery, and another for the timing pulse from the coil which is near the ECU. I've got a pinout and photos of it somewhere at home. The one you have there is clearly different to that, but still looks to follow the Phase 1 wiring ethos.

Hopefully someone like Miles who's probably seen much more Phase 1 stuff than me will be able to comment further.

Spiky

cheers for that :)

sadly the car and pic's in question is in spain, the guy has pretty good english, but i see this being a nightmare

jnl

Yeah this is my carr lol

Miles

It's the easiest of looms to convert, sensor loom uses the std 205 one, you only need the fuel pump, tacho and switch + wired in

Looks more like a 309 loom or what we would have had in the UK

Baz

Foot fetishist?

;)

jnl

My car has been living in UK, was originally purchased in France, then with only brown connector could be done? I'm bitter

welshpug

that's just like a P1.5 1987 car I fitted an MI16 into, like miles said one of the easiest ones to convert. ;)

jnl
that's just like a P1.5 1987 car I fitted an MI16 into, like miles said one of the easiest ones to convert. ;)

Good now that I think My car was in January 88 matriculao

but I think the car is 87, "would be the outline for cuas

assembly? thanks

jnl

All right but my loom where is two browns connectors? near of case fuse? thanks

Miles

It does not have 2 brown connectors, Only later car's used them

pug_ham

As made clear in previous replies, your car will have the sensor wires coming through the bulkhead with the majority of the lighting etc wires infront of the fusebox with just the ecu wiring running through the bulkhead to the ecu seperately so its even easier to convert.

Fuel pump feed should be in the brown plug in your first / third picture though as it runs from the tachy relay plug.

Don't the dash guages run via the fusebox first before the guages?

Graham.

Spiky

just to check, he has a LHD car and his fuse box is on the right hand side of the car.

which side will the sensor loom come through on then?

Edited by Spiky

jnl

Hello i found this connector near of my engine and i have two conector with this numbers

pictures loom

6---

30 red

47a blue

30a brown

30b red

green without number

9---

69 yellow

6aa grey

47 grey ligth

73 brown

7a lyla

74 red

47b red

112 blue

-------------------

and the connector what is connected of ecu loom is this

46a

black green without number

Edited by jnl

Spiky

looks like you have most of the wires there :rolleyes:

post-9315-1280321909_thumb.jpg

jnl

This is my loom? all right!!!

jaggers12

sorry to bring this topic up again but but im doing a gti6 swap and i have the same loom as the one in the pics, so dose this mean i need to pull the wiring out on the passenger side aswell or just the one going to the ecu. thanks also my car is a rhd 88 dimma

jnl

I have not made ​​the installation of wiring You got it

solve? greetings