• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205*31*

1.9 Afm With 1.6 Injectors And Ecu

205*31*

Ok I have a 1.9 engine and have chance of a 1.9 afm only downside is I have 1.6 injectors and ecu, now a mate at a garage I know is very familiar with 205 gti's says it won't hury anything as there is barely any difference between 1.6 afm and 1.9, is this true?

cheers.

welshpug

best to get a matched set of components be it 1.6 or 1.9.

DrSarty

My gut reaction is, that Peugeot fitted a different ECU, AFM and injectors to the 1.6 than it did the 1.9. There has to be a reason for this.

Don't forget, that the camshaft is different too.

So whilst I can't say your (odd) combination won't work, it surely can't work its best otherwise Peugeot wouldn't have made the changes that they did.

I would do as WP advises, and do it all properly, with the correct components.

(I have a selection of ECUs, an AFM or two and even a 1.9 inlet with injectors if that's any use to you.)

Edited by DrSarty

large

I have run a mix and match set up in the past and tbh I did not see a lot of difference when I changed it to a matching set. But I did change it as the the good Dr has said it was done for a reason.

205*31*

thanks for replys guys does make sense what your saying. You have a pm dr sarty :lol:

cheers.

Have-a-go-al

Stick with the correct componants for the engine, One less thing to worry about

Baz

A 1.9 will run fine with 1.6 components, and vice-versa, but keep them all the same.

Guest AJU

I put a 1.9 afm on mine ending in 109 and although tickover is much better it doesn't run well between 2&3000 rpm. It's horrible. My 1.6 has just had a full service but the original afm is knackered. It won't idle properly and any load will stall it so it's back to finding a 1.6 afm ending 058 I think. Not happy

Guest AJU
I put a 1.9 afm on mine ending in 109 and although tickover is much better it doesn't run well between 2&3000 rpm. It's horrible. My 1.6 has just had a full service but the original afm is knackered. It won't idle properly and any load will stall it so it's back to finding a 1.6 afm ending 058 I think. Not happy

Ok, last night I removed the plastic covers from my 1.9 and 1.6 afm. It's the 1.6 that I need and is faulty. The 1.9 was in good working order. I removed the pcb board from the 1.9 and put in the 1.6. The car now runs and idles perfect. It must have been the airflow sensor.

Sign in to follow this