• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

Omex 600c Ecu Problems

Paul_13

I know this has been covered before, my mate and I have been searching the Omex site, this site and the gti6 site with no luck for over an hour.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

When we try turning the engine over it fired breifly but cut out and now it doesn't fire at all.

There's a red light that appears on the ECU

Thanks

Paul

DrSarty

Have you phoned anyone about this who really knows OMEX? That's what I'd do. How about Torque of the Devil?

And before you do, have you done your basic checks, i.e. fuel pump fuse or injector fuse(s) OK? Does the fuel pump prime/run etc. Power to injectors? Power to coil pack(s)?

Simple multi-meter tests might save a bit of egg on your vizog. You don't wanna look silly.

Edited by DrSarty

gtmotorsport

Give OMEX a ring direct they are very helpfull, once you have been through the checks as said previously.

marksorrento205

As said give Omex a bell. When I had mine they were more than helpfull. I was on the blower for two weeks getting advice and trying this and that. Mine turned out to be a knackered flywheel that someone on here sold me as a minter that had 2/3 of a timing tooth missing.

Paul_13

Ok, just to say my mate bought this as a 'plug and play' setup from a forum member. This could be a simple fix or i've been had again.

The ecu already has a map on it for a 6 engine.

Fuel pump is priming and running, pressure is present in the lines.

No 12v getting to injectors- no fuel being injected. I can see by opening butterfly.

12v getting to coil pack.

Can the ecu wipe itself?

Edited by Paul_13

welshpug

have you checked the relay or switched live, whichever the car uses, for the injectors?

all the ecu does is earth the trigger wires, same as the coilpack.

Anthony
No 12v getting to injectors- no fuel being injected. I can see by opening butterfly.

Depending how the loom has been wired, the injectors may be powered from the fuel pump relay which will only provide power when the ECU senses that the engine is turning - check whether the injectors (and fuel pump) recieve power when cranking.

You mention that you have 12v at the coil - do you have a spark when the engine is cranking over? If not, it points at a ECU/power/crank sensor related issue to me, whereas if you do have spark but no fuel, it's more likely a relay or wiring issue IMO.

Seems very unlikely for an ECU to "wipe itself" - plugging in a laptop will quickly confirm that the maps are there and the sensors are reading correctly, and you can also confirm that the various settings are all configured correctly (they should be if it came from a similar engine and it started briefly, but no harm in double-checking and ensuring the TPS etc is calibrated correctly).

PVFCpug

I have an Omex 100 and the flashing red light under cranking indicates that it is receiving the crank sensor pulses. May of course be different on the 600. Make sure if you still have the tachy relay in situ that it too is being fed with the tacho pulse from coilpack.

j_turnell

Did you buy the pre-assembled loom or just the loom and you put it together?? For the ecu there should be 2 earth wires and one ignition live, if you bought the pre-assembled loom then there must be a break in the live going to it, but if you made the loom yourself then you have to run extra lives for coil, injectors and lambda etc so you may have forgot to put it in.