• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Obey_R

1.1 Junior

Obey_R

I'm hopefully going to be getting a 1.1 Junior to break down for parts as I need a B pillar chopping out and this is an easy way.

Am I right in thinking things like bonnet, tailgate, doors, windscreen, rear screen etc are the same on base models too (without window tint, I know).

Also things like seat subframes are universal, aren't they?

BERTMAN

Yes too all, the doors wont have the holes in for the GTi trim though... not hard to drill some in however.

Obey_R

Yeah my GTI has a base model door with trim riveted on already :)

Trying to see if it would be worth while me getting it for the bit I need and then breaing the rest of it. I'll see what condition it's on on Sat and setup a for sale thread accordingly.

McDude

First dibs on the ribbed tailgate plastic if it's not damaged!

Obey_R

Can probably sort that out.

If it's worth me having (dependant on B-pillar really) then I will deff have it off him and be breaking it.

jackherer

I'll be scrapping two shells soon near Ipswich, you're welcome to cut the B pillar off one of those if you want.

Obey_R
First dibs on the ribbed tailgate plastic if it's not damaged!

The tailgate trim is good as long as I can get it off without breaking it!

4780017827_29c99ddfef.jpg

What would everyone say would be good things to pull off and keep/sell on? I've only got access to it for a week before it's scrapped so I'd like to take everything possible. Any ideas?

Edited by Obey_R

DaveW

Oh its a look so it will be proper boggo base spec so theres not alot you can take really...

Obey_R

I don't expect any of the running gear to be suitable but have just written up a list of things like door/boot seals, seatbelts, washer bottle etc.

Atari Boy

Lights (inc rear loom), doors, 5 door seat subframes, bonnet, tailgate, wiper motors, windscreen seal.

Obey_R

It's a 3 door so I'm going to use the subframes myself. Is it easy to remove the windscreen and seal without breaking either? I was going to keep the windscreen as a backup incase my current one goes but been told it's easier to just cut the seal.

zebedy101

Probably easiest to cut it out that way you don't risk breaking the windscreen. It's not too hard to remove with the seal on but as I find out when mine was replaced it's very easy to break the screen.

Jrod

Check the beam, the one I took off a 1990 XE looked really good. It might of been rebuilt but I doubt it.

Apparently the softer torsion bars stops it wearing as badly.