• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blniasgti

Door Cards

blniasgti

Was at my local shops today and an M reg 205 GTi pulled up next to me, we started to have a chat and whilst looking around his car i noticed he had door cards that covered the whole of the internal door face, he said they were alreday on his car when he got it!

So im wondering what models i need to look out for that have full door cards ?

So im now on the hunt for some of them and a reflective boot panel (the one that says peugeot 205 GTi on it) if anybody can help it would be much appreciative.

mikeygulley

So im wondering what models i need to look out for that have full door cards ?

Phase 1.5 onwards, I think starting from E reg?

scotty

I have an F Reg 1.6 and its got the full door cards.

mikeygulley
I have an F Reg 1.6 and its got the full door cards.

I have an F reg too with full door cards, but before I have had a D & E reg. The E reg had full cards but the D reg did not, it was a phase 1 with old dash.

MrG

an M registered 205? I've heard they are incredibly rare so its good to hear of one that's on the road. Sorry slightly off topic but I have an interest in the early cars and the late ones??

Ryan

I know they made some of the lower-spec models until P or possibly R-reg, but I thought the last GTIs were L-reg, and only a few of those?

blniasgti

ive been told that they made gti's in france till R reg but dont know over here, the 205 i saw yesterday was a rolland garros 205 thats why i stopped, chatted and admired, as it had a mint interior, creamy white half leather interior with the green piping looked so nice with the windows down and the sun shinning in...... was so envious.

GLPoomobile

Ahh, Roland Garros, that explains it then! The lower spec models continued later than GTIs and it's not actually that uncommon to see M reg examples. But M reg GTIs are rare as rocking horse s*it, if indeed there are any at all :)

I've got to say though, I'm pretty surprised that you've never seen a full length door card before :lol: Considering how rare the Ph1s are getting now, you could almost describe the full length versions on Ph1.5 and Ph2 cars as being the norm. If you are envious now, wait until you see the late spec (Ph2.5 as some call them) GTI doorcards - all black with a red checked section in the top half. Noice B)

Edited by GLPoomobile

richsmells

205 Indiana FTW!

IMGP1697.jpg

blniasgti
Ahh, Roland Garros, that explains it then! The lower spec models continued later than GTIs and it's not actually that uncommon to see M reg examples. But M reg GTIs are rare as rocking horse s*it, if indeed there are any at all :)

I've got to say though, I'm pretty surprised that you've never seen a full length door card before :lol: Considering how rare the Ph1s are getting now, you could almost describe the full length versions on Ph1.5 and Ph2 cars as being the norm. If you are envious now, wait until you see the late spec (Ph2.5 as some call them) GTI doorcards - all black with a red checked section in the top half. Noice B)

Oh im waiting with anticipation for a picture, my 205 could do with some newer door cards, as the doors look painfully old inside, especially as the interior is mint condition and for a phase 1 ive never seen a cleaner/less used interior !

blniasgti

would definetly like a set of them for my gti, makes the inside look so much better

Arahan

Some 3 door 309 GTis have doorcards like the ones pictured above too, only you also need the speaker grilles as they have an extra bit on them instead of being square

th_10072009124.jpg

Edited by Arahan

JRL

My car is a 1988 1.9 and the door cards are the usual grey but without the carpet bit at the bottom. I have never had or seen another gti with these type. Does anyone know where they come from?

Henry Yorke

An M reg Roland Garros is probably rarer than an M reg 205 GTI! There were two batches of Garros, about G plate and then later on around J. They have different badges on the back.

GeorgeXS
My car is a 1988 1.9 and the door cards are the usual grey but without the carpet bit at the bottom. I have never had or seen another gti with these type. Does anyone know where they come from?

Sounds like my XS doorcards.

Still got the fuzzy red stripe at the top, but the grey all the way to the bottom?

JRL
Sounds like my XS doorcards.

Still got the fuzzy red stripe at the top, but the grey all the way to the bottom?

thanks GeorgeXS, I wonder why someone went to the bother of changing them or may be more likely peugeot just shoved them in from left over parts bin. I dont mind them they are easier to keep clean with no foot marks left when getting out.

peter

I have a reflective red PEUGEOT 205 GTI pannel pm me if u want it,

Ive never seen a gti without the full door cards? only the base modles and rallyes?