• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blniasgti

Smooth Plastic Boot Panel ?

blniasgti

Been searching high and low looking at rear panels on every 205 i see to try and find a smooth boot panel that i can put on my graphite grey 205 gti ???

I put a smooth red panel on my last 205 gti that a got off a scrapped car down the local scrap yard, it was red and had a carbon fibre look about it and said 205 on the left hand side of the boot lock and gti on the right hane side !!

I really liked the look of it over the standard ridged 205 gti boot plastic but stupid me forgot to take it off before selling it and got left with the standard one :blush: !!!!

Im after any advise on what models i should be looking for to get one off of ?

omega

all the ones ive seen are on late base models eg m n reg

Ryan

I think it was an option when the car was new, so they're not on any specific model/year.

scotty

Cant help but i have one here that i will fit to my car one day but i have been saying that for a long time now

Try ebay they appear on there now and again and thinking about it my one could have been from there.

Daviewonder
all the ones ive seen are on late base models eg m n reg

I think the ones the op is talking about are the reflective ones. The later models don't have a boot panel they just have a smooth boot.

IMG_0336.jpg

Arahan

Ive got an aftermarket smooth boot panel if thats any use to you?

blniasgti

daviewonder, if this is your car your a lucky boy as it looks lovely, and yes the picture is of the one im on about,

so if anybody knows of one up for grabs/forsale then pm me as im extremely interested ! thanks

denva2682
I think it was an option when the car was new, so they're not on any specific model/year.

Spot on, these were available from the 80s onwards from the dealers iirc and were also a favourite aftermarket addition during the same period. Made in Italy by a company called Sacek, they were stamped as such, as well as the Peugeot Lion symbol if from the dealer and i think there were some made by another company at some time or another. Hit and miss with regards to which cars had them, it was down to owner preference. As already mentioned, ebay is a good start. I do have one, but it's not the "Peugeot 'lock' 205 GTI" one like I had on my previous car, this one only reads "Peugeot 'lock' 205" so may not be exactly what you are looking for.

Edited by denva2682

McDude
Been searching high and low looking at rear panels on every 205 i see to try and find a smooth boot panel that i can put on my graphite grey 205 gti ???

I can't help you get a smooth panel - but if you are getting rid of a mint ribbed one - I'll take it off your hands.

Daviewonder
if you are getting rid of a mint ribbed one- I'll take it off your hands.

Are we still talking about boot panels?

McDude
Are we still talking about boot panels?

I feel ashamed for not noticing that one myself.