• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Obey_R

Water In Passenger Footwell

Obey_R

Just stripped out the interior and it's very wet in the passengers footwell. I don't think it is the heater matrix as from what I've read that would come from the bulkhead?

This seems to be coming from behind the plastic panel that I havn't removed. So chances are it's the door seal or windscreen seal, yes?

I've not tested it with a watering can yet, but are there many other possibilites?

4730465695_6342778aa1.jpg

The drips coming over the sill are just the paint marks, it's not dripping in the photo.

Edited by Obey_R

Duroc

Does it have a sunroof? The sunroof drain pipe goes down the A-pillar. I've had it detach from the hard pipe in the roof, which has let water run down the A-pillar and soak the footwell.

Obey_R

Poo, I was hoping no-one would suggest that.

Yes it does have a sunroof and no I've not looked at that :)

I think what I will do is get the watering can out and check the door and screen seals, but I think you may be right on that.

welshpug

could also be water in the scuttle panel or the bulkhead seam which is just above the line of the sound deadening in your picture.

Obey_R

It doesn't seem to be coming from the bulkhead though, so I'd hoped it wasn't from anywhere around there.

shalmaneser

my car leaks from the drivers door where some scrote tried to break in by bending it out...could be something similar. Check all the shut lines around the doors for consistency. Other than that probably the sunroof.

richsmells

Mine was leaking from the bottom corner of the windscreen where the rubber had shrunk. Filled the hole with silicone :)

Simes

The matrix doesn't normally leak form the bulkhead, it normally leaks due to the two O-rings have perished or the matrix itself is bust.

Taste the water ( a very small amount) - it will be sweet if it's got antifreeze in it.

Obey_R

I've had a good go with the watering can today and it doesn't seem to be coming in at all!!

I'll wait for the next lot of rain before I start stripping the headlining out to check as I've read once it's out, it's usually fubar'd?

reno9

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, all the carpet in front of front seats are very wet.

How to check thet sunroof pipe and where the water must go from there? i had one problem more - that side body panel (don't know right word) behind side skirt was full of water in drivers side- I drilled one hole to there and now water can gome out of there.

I am now going to remove all carpet.

Rein

reno9

Hey again,

now I removed wetty carpet and sound deadner under it, and I sorted out place where water comes into my car:

vesi%20v.jpg

I think it starts place under wiper grill there are hole in corner and water must go there and must come out somwhere under but its going inside, I think i'm going to drill o ther hole to engine side and close the corner hole then I can make other way out for water.

Does it sonds ok or I can make any other thing to stop water?

Rein