• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blessed6383

205 Gti Gear Stick Diagram Needed

blessed6383

as above as i dont know if have bits missing

cheers

welshpug

there's not much to it, you have the cable, a grommet in the bulkhead, an outer cable stop fixed to the stick, and a collar that the inner cable attaches to.

pug_ham

Gear stick is easy, one stick & two bushes at the pivot.

One rod from the pivot to the subframe balljoint held by a clip & one rod from the bottom to the quadrant pivot bolted to the subframe.

One rod from each of these two subframe points to the gearbox & you can't get them wrong imo dure to the difference in length.

Graham.

blessed6383

cheers guys

Its just where the previous owner had fitted a tu series engine and box (no ideas why as 1400 gti on logbook) strange i know!

wasn't sure what else i needed as i've bought a lift reverse cable (from baz) and the sleeve bit from ebay but thought it might need something else

S@m

Sure its not a 1400 GT rather than GTI? Then the TU would be correct. Although, ive never heard of a TU (MA box) with lift up reverse. I know i'm off topic, its just puzzling me.

Sam

blessed6383
Sure its not a 1400 GT rather than GTI? Then the TU would be correct. Although, ive never heard of a TU (MA box) with lift up reverse. I know i'm off topic, its just puzzling me.

Sam

no it was a 1900 gti when it came out of the factory one of the previous owners had fitted a 1400 im guessing it was for insurance reasons, that and the fact chacnging the engine and box would be easier than changing bodywork and interior but then im only guessing

and it now has a be3 box which is why the lift reverse

Miles

BE3's don;t use lift reverse, Only BE1's

blessed6383
BE3's don;t use lift reverse, Only BE1's

sorry my mistake :D BE-3/6

right so i fitted the cable for the lift reverse today and still seems theres something missing?

the cable clips to a metal plate that bolts down around the gearstick and the end of the cable attaches to a plastic sleeve (that moves up and down on the stick)

but there's nothing there to hold the outer cable in place and engauge the cable inside????? any help guys

Edited by blessed6383

Sign in to follow this