• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205*31*

Fuel

hcmini1989
Methanol in fuel works by cooling the mixture under compression and will increase the power but at a cost.

It will 'gum' up the combustion chamber, plugs and injectors in time so though you will see a noticable difference be prepared to rebuild/renew parts regularly.

You'll also find your car won't start as easy. :huh:

is this the same with water injection on its own or do you have to run a 50/50 mix with methaanol

rescue dude
is this the same with water injection on its own or do you have to run a 50/50 mix with methaanol

Not sure what the mixture of petrol/methanol is used but this is from working on race engines used in sprints/hillclimbs.

What class does your frined run in?

hcmini1989
Not sure what the mixture of petrol/methanol is used but this is from working on race engines used in sprints/hillclimbs.

Ill find out ,its far from stadard though he estimates about 400bhp he said he cant get anymore from it without changing the turbo so he`s just bought a turbo a from a 6.0 diesel engine so he was hoping for around 500bhp now.

He was only runing the water/methanol injection because the standard turbo was running 1.8 bar of boost he said that was the limit and without the methanol/water injection the air was to hot

205*31*

I just filled it up to top £47 got me just over 40 litre looking at pump which I am abit puzzled because according to tech info here they are a 50 litre tank? when i started filling it actually clicked first time at about 28 litre which I thought can't be right considering light on fuel guage was on so continued filling and it clicked again at about 40 litre so stopped, my fuel guage is at full 4/4 just over now.

harryskid

I've just put £20 s worth in mine and my tanks right on the limit as its an alloy racing tank. With the small amount i had in there i fitted the vts motor and in testing its only done about 5 miles , so i must assume it will be thirsty. I shall be doing about 30 miles tomorrow on a test so i shall see how far 20 quids worth lasts. I wont be booting it too hard though as i've got a rally soon. :(

harryskid
I've just put £20 s worth in mine and my tanks right on the limit as its an alloy racing tank. With the small amount i had in there i fitted the vts motor and in testing its only done about 5 miles , so i must assume it will be thirsty. I shall be doing about 30 miles tomorrow on a test so i shall see how far 20 quids worth lasts. I wont be booting it too hard though as i've got a rally soon. :D

Did it, took it out on b roads. The vts engine is fantastic and the fuel usage is not as bad as i thought it would be .How ever if it was driven daily i might think other wise. Ive got a Subaru wrx and i think the 205 uses more.

:(

205*31*
Did it, took it out on b roads. The vts engine is fantastic and the fuel usage is not as bad as i thought it would be .How ever if it was driven daily i might think other wise. Ive got a Subaru wrx and i think the 205 uses more.

:D

well i had an evo 4 gsr and that used to do about 80 mile to £20 and that was mixed driving on and off boost, I just hope this gti isn't like that at using fuel it bloody can't be :ph34r: if it is I was looking at 106 gtis before I got this I might go for a 16v something abit more refined. On another note this 205 is running very well now quite smooth ;)

P_Monty
A standard 8V engine is absolutely fine to run on normal unleaded. V Power is a waste of money IMO, you only benefit from running it if you advance the ignition timing.

That's interesting - I've read in various places (owners book etc) that it needs a minimum of 97 RON. However, I've recently been running mine on ordinary unleaded and it appears O.K. - though to be on the safe side, I've put the expensive stuff in if I thought I might risk knocking - when heavily loaded etc.

richsmells
That's interesting - I've read in various places (owners book etc) that it needs a minimum of 97 RON. However, I've recently been running mine on ordinary unleaded and it appears O.K. - though to be on the safe side, I've put the expensive stuff in if I thought I might risk knocking - when heavily loaded etc.

Back in the day (i.e. when the owners book was produced) the cars would have run on 4 star leaded fuel, which has a higher RON than normal unleaded, and set up as such. They will run perfectly happily on 95 with the ignition retarded slightly, which your's will most likely have been at some point if that's what you've been using. As Cameron said, using 97 without adjusting the advance to suit is just throwing good money (and power) down the drain.

Edited by richsmells

P_Monty

I've never knowingly had it retarded but it appears to run fine on 95 RON - I wonder if some garage did to help it get through the MoT test at some stage ?

hcmini1989

right spoke to him toda he said its road going class ,so hes not aloud rollcage,certain tyres hes got his first event in his evo next month .Before that he was running a celica.

He was down at santa pod on friday and said his best run was 11 seconds.So i think will make one hell of a sprint car

rescue dude
right spoke to him toda he said its road going class ,so hes not aloud rollcage,certain tyres hes got his first event in his evo next month .Before that he was running a celica.

He was down at santa pod on friday and said his best run was 11 seconds.So i think will make one hell of a sprint car

If he's in a road going class he is allowed a roll cage. Tell him to read his Blue book.

He is not allowed to add anything to his fuel in this class. :D

10.5.1 For roadgoing series production pump fuel is mandatory. Only air may be mixed with the fuel as an oxident.

hcmini1989
If he's in a road going class he is allowed a roll cage. Tell him to read his Blue book.

He is not allowed to add anything to his fuel in this class. :(

10.5.1 For roadgoing series production pump fuel is mandatory. Only air may be mixed with the fuel as an oxident.

Ill let him know mate its his first one next month so i dont think hes two clued up on the rules and regs.Its peanuts to do though so might enter in my pug

Sign in to follow this