• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RHULPUG

Tyre Fitting

RHULPUG

Any recommendations on where to get some tyres swapped over to a different set of alloys in the Essex area?

The few places I've approached so far are after silly money because the tyres weren't bought from them.

Baz

Most are these days, if you need them balancing too, aswel as old tyres disposing of, it seems to add up, and despite the fact that in the past they've done it for a 'drink' it seems most places want to take the p!ss these days!

I need my tyre machine working!! :ph34r:

MerlinGTI

Dartford tyres will see you right mate ;) On the burnham road Dartford.

If for some strange reason they no longer do and you get real stuck I will do it for you myself (Also in dartford) but I will have to clear with my management and it will have to be either 1:30pm weekdays or after 5:30.

RHULPUG

Thanks guys! Basildon is round the corner so will try calling them first and if no luck there (still silly money) I'll try the other suggestions!

Edit:- Just out of interest, those of you recommending certain place, what prices have you roughly had to pay so I know what to expect?

Edited by RHULPUG

jackherer

The link I posted is a small independent place that sells part worn tyres from Germany for next to nothing, they will do you a good deal I am sure.

fatony1

I can do them for you in Bishops Stortford, just outside Stanstead airport, is that too far for you to travel?

Silky
Thanks guys! Basildon is round the corner so will try calling them first and if no luck there (still silly money) I'll try the other suggestions!

Edit:- Just out of interest, those of you recommending certain place, what prices have you roughly had to pay so I know what to expect?

If you call that place then ask for Barry, tell them your mates with Silky and Alex

RHULPUG
http://www.autoinsider.co.uk/local/mot-tes...es/ai_47103.php

Try here, they should be very competitive and helped me out before.

Not sure if Basildon is too far for you though, but might be worth a call.

Sorted for £20 - old wheels taken off, tyres removed, fitted to new alloys, balanced and fitted back on to car.

For info, they'll do that rate for anyone else at any time.

...pics to follow in the next day or so.

Edited by RHULPUG