• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lukie88

Misfiring 1.9 205

Obey_R

I had similar problems which were cured by making sure all existing earths were good, but also putting a separate earth from the coil pack to the battery, pretty much cured it instantly.

pug_ham

We recently cured a misfire on mark sorrento205's 1.6 that was using Bosch spark plugs by swapping them for a new set of NGK's.

Mark had swapped fron standard jetronic ecu to MP3.1 on his car yet the misfire which had developed prior to doing this swap was still there when he got it up & running on the new management so after a bit of brain storming I suggested plugs as everything else was either new or known good.

The plugs cured the misfire straight away, much to Mark's surprise.

For some reason I don't think other brands of plug cope with the location of the plugs inside the head & the ceramic outer breaks up due to the heat which causes the misfire on what looks like an otherwise healthy plug.

g

AndyCrom

thanks for the advice guys, will get a new set of leads ordered next week, but in the meantime ive noticed oil coming from 2 spots, one is the seal on the head to dizzy and the other is the dizzy to dizzy cap, I have a spare seal from the head overhaul i did the other week for the dizzy to cyl head join, but before i fit the new one is there another seal inside the actual dizzy inself as oil is inside it and the rotor cap which was leaking from the vac advance etc, so i assume this is usually clean/lithium greased and not really supposed to have any quantity of oil in there?

....also after taking off the vac advance, ive now fount its not working properly as the pipe was blocked but blasted it out with carb cleaner so maybe that caused the misfire issue?

Sign in to follow this