• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wallby

Fuel Filter Help

Wallby

The other day my Rallye started misbehaving and cut out on me! I drove to uni which is about 10 miles away, and the car drove great. 10 mins later when I went back to the car, the fuel pump was making a loud noise. The previous owner has fitted a facet type competition fuel pump and it sounded like there was no fuel going through the pump but the car was still running. I drove it about 200 yards to see if it would fix itself but it cut out. There was fuel in the car, just under a quarter of a tank. I left the car for another 20 mins while waiting for a mate, then when i tried it again, the fuel pump started to sound like it was getting fuel through. The car then started and worked perfectly!

Im a bit confused by what could have been going on here. Could it have been a bit of s*it in the bottom of the tank? Or maybe I need a new fuel filter?

Where are the fuel filters for a TU engined Rallye? I know that in a GTI they are near the master cylinder, but theres not one there on my car!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

burr_2000

seems strange as the rallye had a mechanical fuel pump, unless he ran it previously on webers. i would get rid of the facet and see if it cures it.

Wallby

Same thing happened again today so I think its time for a new filter and maybe a new pump!