• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Batfink

Car Trailer Rental

Batfink

I'm going to need to drive to cornwall in a few weeks time to collect my 205.

I've hopefully borrowed a mondeo to tow with now my BMW is dead, but its going to need a trailer as its currently not in a state to be towed with an a-frame.

Anyone got recommendations or rough costs they have spent to hire??

Kev

Bigtimmy

If you could be bothered you could borrow mine, but it would be one hell of a roadtrip!!

Aylesbury - North Wales - Cornwall

Thats a hell journey!

Batfink
If you could be bothered you could borrow mine, but it would be one hell of a roadtrip!!

Aylesbury - North Wales - Cornwall

Thats a hell journey!

thanks for the offer but I think its just a little bit too far lol

RHULPUG

I used GT Towing in Hatfield recently and it cost around £65 for the day incluiding ratchet straps etc. You will need proof of insurance and also a spare plate. Seemed a bit overpriced IMO.

The place I usually use is HJ Autos in Hockley, Essex (try a google search), costs around £40/day for a small trailer (enough to fit a 205 on and also within the weight limits if you don't have the extra weight towing allowance on your licence). They also make up a number plate for you in advance using velcro stick on letter/numbers on a plate. Would definitely use these guys again in the future, had no problems towing with my Insignia.

The longer you have it the cheaper it becomes, and for a weekend it didn't cost much more.

EdCherry

FieldFare Trailers in Salisbury.

Friendly guys, good trailer.

timb1046

there's honeyfield trailers in Bedminster, Bristol. i cant remember the price they charged to hire a car trailer now, it was a good few years since i had to hire one. :) it appears that they also have a place in glouster honeyfield

maturin23

You can borrow mine, Kev, if you think it's worth the drive to Finchley - a 205 fits nicely on my Brian James Minno.

Edited by maturin23

Batfink

yay! Thanks for the offer! I'll certainly be getting in touch!