• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jackflash

I Want To Keep My Exterior Trim Help!

jackflash

Hello there fellow 205 owners :mellow: Just the other night some low life decided to steal all my exterior body trim, GTI badges etc, obviously this stuff is not cheap to replace and therefore I want to avoid this happening in future, someone has suggested using Mass Stick aswell as the original clips to attach it to the car, what do you think? is there anything better I can use? I dont want to damage the paint underneath. Also some kind of tremble alarm would proberly be a wise idea? Any good models you would suggest? I want to keep costs down really so dont want a £200 alarm if I can help it. I thank you all in advance for any advise. Kind regards

Daviewonder
Hello there fellow 205 owners :mellow: Just the other night some low life decided to steal all my exterior body trim, GTI badges etc, obviously this stuff is not cheap to replace and therefore I want to avoid this happening in future, someone has suggested using Mass Stick aswell as the original clips to attach it to the car, what do you think? is there anything better I can use? I dont want to damage the paint underneath. Also some kind of tremble alarm would proberly be a wise idea? Any good models you would suggest? I want to keep costs down really so dont want a £200 alarm if I can help it. I thank you all in advance for any advise. Kind regards

Hello, I can't believe some lowlife stole your kit, it shouldn't be too hard to track down though as there can't be many 205s on the island. I secured the arches and skirts on my 106 and the badges on my 205 using Gripfill. Its amazing stuff :wacko:

jackflash

trying to find out where they have gone will proberly be more than its worth to be honest, my kit wasnt in the best condition ever anyway, I just dont want it to happen again, have found some gripfill on ebay thank you, anyone else got anymore suggestions?

welshpug

park it in a garage is the only way tbh!

jackflash

if only that was a viable option

ORB

Tiger seal is the boy for this job

jackflash

i like the sound of that, whats the deal if one day i wanna change the trim though? lol

ORB

it will be easier to change the car!!

Paul_13

Should be easy to find on the Isle of Wight, though everbody knew everybody?! :ph34r:

Sure the other 205drivers from the Isle hasn't nicked it

First Suspects :(

Edited by Paul_13

oz.

You're farked! There isn't really a way of making it too hard to steal but easy to change in a few years.

Also the scum who did it will most likely they again as soon as you replace them, meaning some nice screwdriver marks to your door

jackflash

well the car will be parked half a foot from a brick wall in future, so the appeal of stealing half the trim isnt as appealing, plus some sort of sensitive alarm is in order? any ideas on a simple yet effective one? the car is parked right under my window so just something sensitive and loud will surfice

Jemehan

I had an arch fall off mine a while ago following a snow accident. Some idiot then ran it over so i need to get a new one, what i am going to do to make them stay on (would also stop people nicking as easy, or if they do render them useless) is drill a small hole in each of the attaching pegs that go through the metal arch then insert a sewing needle through after the trim is on. Finally bend the end of the needles so that they act as butterfly clips. The needles are strong so you cant pull them through the body work, and if you managed to you would snap the trim studdy bits off, so you wouldnt be able to fit them to anything else anyway!

Technique is time consuming but it keeps the car looking clean and it stops people nicking the trim, afterall its £32 from pug for a new arch...theiving gits!