• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Will Eastman

What Do You Think Of These Spacers?

Will Eastman

Hey looking at getting these to widden the wheels at the back of my 205 xs. I want hubcentric ones as iv heard they are best. I also want the biggest i can safely get as i can go like 30mm widder on each side.

So what do you think of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-BIMECC-HUBCE...=item439b7391d4

And how wide should i go??

thanks

Obey_R

You would also need longer wheel nuts if you're going to fit spacers.

Henry Yorke

You are going to have all sorts of fun withthe tyres catching on the arch. The XS has a flattened arch, unlike the GTI which has an arch like a clowns eyebrow under the plastic trim. The only thing you can do is to get some of those bubble / Rallye style arches off ebay, grind out a lot of old arch, seal up as I think it is double panel and then apply these arches over the top to cover up the mess. Putting a 309 rear beam on will widen the back too

Will Eastman

iv had a look and think they can handel it as theyr sitting nice and high. Maybe ill settle for just 20mm. I wont need spacers i thought as i thought hubcentrics bolted onto then you used the original wheel bolts to bolt the wheel to the spacers???

stutto

The ones in the picture on that link look passive, plus the ad says they recommend longer wheel nuts (I presume that they mean studs or bolts).

Hubcentrics are all about keeping the wheel concentric to the hub once it is spaced, at least that is my understanding.

Edited by stutto

ashwarrior205

Hello i had a 205 xs before i bought my 205 1.9 gti. i fitted 5mm spacers and put 1.9 speedline alloys on and used standard bolts. As long as you got 5 threads in the hub you should be fine with standard bolts. i dont recommend bigger than 5mm spacers as it puts more lad on wheel bearings and if using 1.9 alloys be rubbing when cornering or 3 up in back. Other solution is fit a 309 rear beam as will widen track and have uprated torsion bars and anti roll

Jrod

The ones that bolt to the hub then you use the original bolts to bolt to the spacer are not as good IMO.

Really heavy.

Will Eastman

So more liike this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-205-Models-H...=item19bbdf8616

Yeh i know the right way is to get a 309 rear beam but, think its going to be really expensive that way. Dont know how to refurb them anyways. How much does a refurbished 309 beam go for (or one in decent nick ready to go on??

thanks