• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Mi16 Rolling Road Results

hcmini1989

I finaly got my car back today from my local rolling road.It`s an mi16 on a gti6 manifold running on megasquirt.

It made a 144bhp atw and 322lb ft. at 6300rpm

The guy said he couldnt keep going because the alternator is on the blink and its messing with the fueling .

Now does anyone else think the torque figure is abit high would this be to do with the gearbox?

hothatch
I finaly got my car back today from my local rolling road.It`s an mi16 on a gti6 manifold running on megasquirt.

It made a 144bhp atw and 322lb ft. at 6300rpm

The guy said he couldnt keep going because the alternator is on the blink and its messing with the fueling .

Now does anyone else think the torque figure is abit high would this be to do with the gearbox?

Wow hell of a torque figure !!!! Awsome !

Daviewonder
:) Thats almost twice what a standard 2.0 turbo puts out :o

Richie

Yeah definately massive torque :)

dino20vt

Are you sure its an Mi16 and not a twin turbo diesel?!

dcc

thought they measure the whp from a point along the torque curve?

either way, i bet that feels like a monster to drive (assuming the figures are close to true! :) )

Batfink

fat fingers maybe :)

JRL

omg and all I ever hear is dont buy megasquirt! I have heard gti6 manifold and throttle body can improve torque coupled with aftermarket ecu but this is just mental you are not messing with us?

Baz

It's wrong.

Daviewonder
It's wrong.

But it feels so right :)

DrSarty

Is this serious?

322lbft! Have a f***ing word with yourself.

SurGie

Looks to me like he has made a typo.

GLPoomobile

Must be open day for retards B)

Oops, did I go too far? :wacko:

hcmini1989

B) yeah cheers for the replies .no its not a joke nore is a typo .Peak torque is 338ft lb of torque but the bhp is only 125 as the bhp rises the torque starts to drop.And ends up at 332ft lb and 144bhp atw .I didnt get a printout for the flywheel the chap who mapped reckons abouy a 25% loss of power from the flywheel to the wheels .Thats why i thought it could be the gearbox. I thought with it being a diesel gearbox thats the reason it was that high being lower geared .

Hence the high torque figure .

I will try and get the graph up if i can get the bluetooth going on my laptop

Edited by hcmini1989

Jrod
peak torque is 338ft lb

It's not. Somethings gone wrong with the dyno run, I'd ask for them to do it again.

DrSarty

1.9 Mi16 (XU9J4) factory peak torque at the flywheel is 133lbft.

The graph you have is saying you have 3 times this, at the wheels.

Hence the comment(s).

No offence; but it's ludicrous.

hcmini1989
It's not. Somethings gone wrong with the dyno run, I'd ask for them to do it again.

it`ll be going back next week hopefully just gotta sort the alternator out. But i will give them a bell tommorow to see if he can explain it

1.9 Mi16 (XU9J4) factory peak torque at the flywheel is 133lbft.

The graph you have is saying you have 3 times this, at the wheels.

Hence the comment(s).

No offence; but it's ludicrous.

yeah your right mate.when i got home .I did a search on google to see what was similar power and it was ridicoulos (bmw 530 twin turbo ,350bhp focus,etc etc) thats why i posted it up

Edited by hcmini1989

S33GAV

Wow, I'll give you 5k for that engine, it's a screamer. Turbos are dead, long live NA. Yeah.

Lan

spotted you down cheyney road, guess you were on your way back then? where did you take it for rr?

wracing

I've had to run a small capacitor 100uf on the power lines of my megasquirt, as my alternator has a bit to much ripple in to! B)

GilesW

I'd be concerned about a rolling road that gave you those results. TBH for an operator to let you leave with a graph showing you that information, and not explaining why (or maybe you were away with teh fairies when he did?) then it reflects badly on his ability, and therefore a large risk to what he is doing with you car.

To put in also into perspective, my NA vaxhall race engine, which cost me £15k (engine alone), only put out 177lb ft (with a bit more to come though). And 263bhp.

hcmini1989
spotted you down cheyney road, guess you were on your way back then? where did you take it for rr?

Yes mate was on my way home i did see you .i took it to AB garage in saltney/hawarden

hcmini1989

Right ive just got off the phone with the guy that mapped it and hes said its done in 3rd gear .Is this why the reading is high. im using the gearbox off a citroen van .He explained to me about the gearbox being a torque converter and if hed have done it in 1st gear it would have massive amounts of torque but hardly any hp and the opposite for 5th gear.

So do you`s think this is still high

Edited by hcmini1989

djc

It would seem he's 'torqueing' bulls*it!

hcmini1989
It would seem he's 'torqueing' bulls*it!

why