• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jamesgti6

Aftermarket Rev Counter On To Gti6 Engine

Jamesgti6

hi all, i have a question about my gti6 rev counter (i have searched on here a lot) , i have a track car and im currently rebuilding it for this summers track days, after a problem with my origional rev counter i decided to use an aftermarket one which can be used with single coil conventional setup aswel as duel coil lost spark systems,

i bought a loom to convert my gti6 engine to a single coil output and have wired it in to the single coil input (switched side of coil) but no joy, im getting 6v at idle and it rises steadily so all is well it seems.

can anone point me to where i may have gone wrong on this one as im stumped

the gauge is a racetech gauge if it helps

thankyou for your time

Jamesgti6

hang on ive just had a thought, the rev counter in question can be set to 1 cylinder, so if i add the signal wire to the negative of any coil it should work, that or fry myself, should a resistor be used in the line?

Jamesgti6

If anyone has an aftermarket rev counter on a 205 gti6 with a spiky coil convertr can you let me know what make and model you have as I will just get the ne I know works lol

tagy

Does the aftermarket rev counter not work with the ECU tacho signal?

This is how I wired up my sequential shift light on a gti6.