• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Anyone Good With Nissan Cars ?

DamirGTI

Hi !

If i remember , someone from over here works @ Nissan garage right ? :(

Anyways , i'm seeking a bit of advice/info regarding Nissan Almera 1.5 N16 (2002year)

It's my dad's car , and after one longer trip few days ago , he told me that something went wrong with the car (i rarely drive this "thing") .. said it's very sluggish , wont accelerate as it used to before and the engine sound , kinda changed ?!?

So i pop in and went for a spin , true , it feels like a old farty bendy bus :ph34r: - press on the throttle and it just "screams" but hardly accelerate as it should , the engine sound changed and became somewhat "roar-racy" more intense on the higher revs of course , but can be heard on lower revs as well ..

Also , i noticed some strange rattling inside the engine (quite similar to ignition pinking ..) during the driving when i rev it from 4000rmp up to the limiter ..

Am i right in thinking that this is a stretched timing chain ? :D it has 70,000 miles on the clock ..

Further , more background regarding the engine , it uses copious amount of oil !! and it's been like that since we bought it .. roughly 0.5/1l each week needs topping up .. so i did compression test as well , results as follows :

195 - 203 - 203 - 174

.. seems fine .. just scratching my arse around the head i simply cannot figure out where this oil goes B) might be steam seals or valve guides .. dunno .. but it doesn't smoke at all ..

Thanks !

Damir B)

Edited by DamirGTI

blue_haddock

i cant give too much help or advice but i know there is an issue with the cam chains on these engines - possibly something to do with that perhaps?

DamirGTI

Yes , was thinking on that :D , timing chain/cam chain ..

But , i dunno which is specific mileage for chain replacement on this model ?! couldn't find any info regarding this .. suppose it's meant to be changed when it starts "making noise" ..

However , this one , i cannot hear any odd noises @ idle .. just while driving on higher revs .. it'll be ignition timing out , because of stretched chain me thinks :(

Damir B)

DamirGTI

Fixed !

.. was clogged CAT :rolleyes: banged the hell out of the insides with a bar until all the crap from the molten ceramic fallen off/out , refitted empty case back and job done .. goes like dream now B)

Damir