• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
splant

Speeding Ticket From Red Light Camera

splant

twats this red light camera has been changed to a speed camera as well so while booting it on amber to avoid the camera it gets me for speeding ,,any one know if the road has to have speed limit signs on it as this road hadnt any ... any get out of jail tips known??

Baz

Roads have speed limits without needing signs most of the time, so perhaps not a path worth following depending on the road etc.

omega

blame the wife!!

Batfink

All the red light cameras seem to be able to calculate a speed, so it was more like a red by the time you crossed the line

pay up and dont race lights with cameras...

wracing

You can get out of it, on the whole lack of signs issue but to be honest its not worth the risk, unless you can persuade the cps to drop the case! Just take the points and the fine. Make sure you get the pictures, if it doesn't show your face you can worm that way!

Take it on the chin, unless you can risk losing thousands.

James

oz.

if it's a 30 limit then there's no need for reminders. But by your wording I'm assuming it's not a 30...

blue_haddock

which lights are they?

swordfish210

Tell the Police the Vtec kicked in unexpecedly and you were powerless to stop it.

Rob Thomson

If there are street lights it's a 30mph limit unless signed otherwise. If there aren't street lights national speed limit (60 or 70mph) applies unless signed otherwise. Sounds like you're buggered.

wracing

When I said sign, I was referring to the lack of speed camera warning signs. There is a directive somewhere that state that they need to be X miles before the camera. That said your still on a hiding to nothing.

James

Rob Thomson

I believe a camera sign at the entrance to the county/city/whatever is sufficient for that one.

If it's anything other than a 30 with street-lights or 60/70 without, then it's worth requesting a copy of the Speed Limit Order from the relevant highway authority (probably the local council). This is the legal document that enables the speed limit to be different from the norm. They're often riddled with obvious errors, and if so you can claim the speed limit is invalid. I suspect that's your only hope.

Jemehan

There SHOULD be camera signs, if there is a permanent camera. so in your case yes, but as wracing said, best way is to go for the cant see your face in pic point of view with ne no sign as a backup

oh and another, all cameras have to be callibrated once a month, ask when it was last callobrated!

DrSarty
best way is to go for the cant see your face in pic point of view

Nope.

It's to do with legal ownership/registered keeper of the vehicle. They pass the responsibility to argue the toss over who was driving (and who should pay) over to you.

They have you bang to rights on the vehicle, not necessarily the driver.

Edited by DrSarty

djc

As Sarty said. Man up & take it on the chin, sorry!

Batfink

Its not a speed camera. I know people who have gone through red light cameras and they always got their speed. The fine was for jumping the lights rather than speeding...

M_R_205

When i got done on a red (amber?) light it showed my speed at 47mph, on a *cough* 30 road, the only positive side was they only did me for running the red (amber!!) and not for the added 17mph.....

Unless you get a GOOD solicitor who knows traffic law very well the magistrates or cps will just laugh at you...

Unless your already on 9 points then id recommend just taking the hit, if your on 9 points, fight till the death, its a right fook on losing you license!!!

Paul.

SurGie
Its not a speed camera. I know people who have gone through red light cameras and they always got their speed. The fine was for jumping the lights rather than speeding...

That's right.

rescue dude
Tell the Police the Vtec kicked in unexpecedly and you were powerless to stop it.

That's called 'undue care and attention' if your lucky or 'careless driving' if your not. :ph34r:

splant

its basford bank coming out of newcastle for all you stokies the speed camera/limit sign as been hit and its facing the wrong way now... i didnt do it honest..

Cameron

You haven't got a leg to stand on then, sorry. :ph34r:

A lot of traffic light cameras have been converted to also be speed cameras, so be careful in future.

muddatrucker

My speedo is in KM/H, I'm always going 'about' 30 on a city road.