• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

Engine Management Light

Daviewonder

Hello All,

I'm in the process of tidying up my engine conversion on my 205 and I would like to wire in the engine management warning light. I've had a look at the gauges and I can see where the bulb has to go but what I need to know is where do I connect the 406 loom wire to on the 205?

Any ideas? Thanks Dave :)

pug_ham

Was your car a 1.6 or 1.9 originally?

The later phase 2 carsI've converted already had wire #74 in the borwn mulitplugs under the dash so all you need to do is fit a bulb into the dash & connect the wire from the 406 loom into the plug but if its a 1.6 then this wire isn't ususally fitted because they never had the option of an ecu which used this lamp (unlike the cat equipped 1.9's).

I was just thinking about this last week & wondering if I could use the brake pad wear indicator wires instead because my car ws originally a 1.6 & doesn't have wire #74 fitted but have yet to give it a try.

Graham.

Daviewonder

Hi Graham, Its a 1992 1.9 car so I'll have a check of the brown plugs later.

Cheers :D

pug_ham
Hi Graham, Its a 1992 1.9 car so I'll have a check of the brown plugs later.

I think you should have it there already in that case in one of the brown multiplugs under the dash.

Same year as the 1.9 GTI I converted to MP3.1 & that had it, just wish mine was that easy. :ph34r:

Graham.

Veero

When I stuck my Mi16 in I just hooked up the output for the management light on the Mi16 loom to the orange spade hanging down from the 205 GTi dash which is linked to the choke light which already has the bulb and is earthed, just needs a signal wire. Sure it's not strictly the correct light to illuminate but it does the job since there's obviously no choke on a GTi.