• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jeremy

Car Insurance

jeremy

Wow is all I can say. I have both a 205 and 309 GTI, neither with MOT or Tax however I would really like to use one for the summer months just for fun. With this in mind I thought I ought to find out the cost of insurance. I used Compare the Market, then Money supermarket.

I was expecting to get similar quotes, how wrong was I. Now I did not look into all the small print however I did use the same details for both websites. Money Supermarket was under half the price than Compare the Market in both cases plus this was without an alarm/imobilisers where as I had ticked this on the CTM.

This just goes to show you really need to shop about even on the so called web comparrision websites.

MerlinGTI

Adrian Flux have given me the lowest quote 3 years on the trot.

I always get silly high quotes on these price comparison websites (+ spam email and phone calls :D ) but this could well be down to being in the motor trade? Seems to get you a couple of extra inch's thrust inside you for some reason.

SorrentoED

I'm with quinn-direct, I'm not payin too much considering i'm 18. When i come to renew it i'll probably have a look at adrian flux's prices though.

ORB

I pay 225 to insure my 1.9 GTi

classic policy with a 5k mileage cap.

Tom Fenton

Mine was £360 this year, 4k mileage, travelling to work cover, driving other cars, 2 pages of A4 modifications declared!

timb1046

best quote i got was through sky... the people who advertise on this forum somewhere, i think they give us a discount too. i was 21 at the time. they were happy with the cage and the MI in the 205

dee205

Always check around. Especially come renewal time. My wife's renewal with Legal & General came in at £450. Direct Line came in at £205 with better cover.

Richie

Its surprising isn't it, as you say you'd expect them to be similar.

I only pay £350 fully comp with flux (25 w/ 5 yrs ncb) for my 1.9.

Daviewonder

I'm sure I'm paying over the odds, I'm 31 with 8 years no claims and my totally standard 1.9 still costs me between £300 - £350 every year. I guess its due to using comparison sites? I might try classic insurance or flux next time.

Hmmm or could it be due to it being a limited edition sorrento? As we all know these are rarer than finding hens teeth in a piece of rocking horse poo :)

Richie

Depends on lots of things like your occupation, the risk of your post code, and other factors.

shalmaneser

I'm paying £350 with quite a lot of declared mods (suspension, brakes, dampers etc) and I'm 25. The price comparison sites screw you over IMO, you're better off ringing flux/sky etc. Have been cheaper for me a good few years on the trot.

jeremy

Just to give you an idea I wanted fully comp, less than 2k miles, aged 36, married, no alarm, on drive, one fault claim last year.

205 £160 ish

309 Goodwood £140 ish

This was through Money Supermarket

SorrentoED

haha, you lucky sods :) I'm payin £1200 with quinn...... but i'm 18 ;)

Paul_13

Quinn's gone bust haven't they?

All policies will be continued till the end of your policy and cancelled automatically?!

jason7579
I'm sure I'm paying over the odds, I'm 31 with 8 years no claims and my totally standard 1.9 still costs me between £300 - £350 every year. I guess its due to using comparison sites? I might try classic insurance or flux next time.

Hmmm or could it be due to it being a limited edition sorrento? As we all know these are rarer than finding hens teeth in a piece of rocking horse poo :)

As said before it depends on where you live etc. I'm 31 and for a standard 1.9 gti I'm being quoted between £350 and £4500.

I ended up going with the AA through quidco, £360 ish for insurance and £50 cash back.