• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Do I Report Him?

Cameron

As far as the daylight arse-rapery that road tax is, I don't mind turning a blind eye to it. It's not like pretending you don't see someone getting beaten up by a group of youths, as there are no direct victims. It's sad to think that the majority of people would be more likely to do the latter! I've driven without tax but only so I could get my car mapped for an MOT, I think if someone reported me for it then I would totally lose my faith in humanity.

Timb has a point too, reporting them will only create more problems.

oz.

How would they know who did the reporting?

A couple of days fair enough. But more than a week takes the piss imo

flipperthebushkangaroo
i'd say yes at first, but then i thought of the trouble it might cause. they might start doing things to annoy you even more, like blocking you in, which they shouldnt. and as soon as your tax ran out by accident they'd report you, they'd be wanting to get there own back strait away. i think maybe just tell them politly that their tax is out and if it hasnt rectified the problrm in a week then tell the DVLA

Surely this way is more likley to cause grief as they would then have avery good idea who had reported them?

If you tell them politly, I would leave it there,

TaffyTim

no tax disc but renewed a while ago. Are they the real plates for the car? were the plates registered to your address? It could be a clone.

M_R_205

im all for giving someone the benefit of the doubt as i just think about how laxed i am in my own life, i had to renew the tax on my gti about 2 months ago, i taxed it 4 days late and forgot to display it for about 3 weeks.....

I wouldnt consider myself a criminal for the 4 days i did not tax my car as the tax disc still runs out on the same date so didnt exactly get 4 days free... as for not displaying thats down to the fact im the most lazy/forgetful/bone-idle/mindless/stupid/carless tosser i know!

If i was in your shoes, id leave an anonymous note pointing out the fact he wasnt displaying, then after another week or two, shop him...

Paul.

Edited by M_R_205

GilesW

IIRC "failure to display a valid license" is actually an offence for which you can be fined.

It is probably linked back to the days before data was held and could be checked just by number plate, but it's probably still vaild.

timb1046

instant £60 on the spot fine from the cops fine IIRC if you have actualy got tax then the DVLA are not bothered about you not displaying. BUT if you dont then they are bothered and once the cops tell them the car is being used on a road/parked on a road the DVLA will fine you too. but normaly a smaller amount of £50ish. it still equates to more than buying tax would cost you though!