• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

Moving Oil Filler To Rocker Cover On 8v....

madspikes

I'm trying to find my 205 mojo again, so set myself on the task of thinking about everything i dont like about my charger install, but ignoring the oil leak for the moment.

The first issue is the oil breather system. I will openly admit that I totally forgot about the oil filler and breather system when designing the install, and thus it doesn't fit, or work too well as there is just no space for any of the standard hoses. I have fudged it to fit, but its rubbish and needs changing.

I have been thinking, could I modify the standard cam cover and install an oil filler cap, thus reducing the need for the oe filler. Then run a hose from the bottom block (old oil filler connection) to pre-charger thus applying a vacuum to the crank case. Then T off this hose, a connection to the cam cover (standard cam cover outlet).

If you can follow what I'm saying, do you think it will work.

Mad.

welshpug

sean mckeown did something along these lines, dont know how well it worked though.

All Praise The GTI

i bought that. never used it as now run 16v power.

is a very nice bit of kit. pm me if interested :blush:

opticaltrigger

Hi Madspikes,Ive looked at this same problem myself for our project car.I thought maybe tig weld somthing nice to the cover,but I changed my mind because I dont think the galleries to return oil to the sump are big enough.It would work but I think it will just take forever to fill it with oil when you do a change.Fiat Puntos are terrible for it and they have bigger return runs than the Pug does,so I can only guess it would be super slow on a Pug.

It's just a thought though and I havent tried it so somone might have found its not such an issue.

All the best

O.T.

madspikes
Hi Madspikes,Ive looked at this same problem myself for our project car.I thought maybe tig weld somthing nice to the cover,but I changed my mind because I dont think the galleries to return oil to the sump are big enough.It would work but I think it will just take forever to fill it with oil when you do a change.Fiat Puntos are terrible for it and they have bigger return runs than the Pug does,so I can only guess it would be super slow on a Pug.

It's just a thought though and I havent tried it so somone might have found its not such an issue.

All the best

O.T.

Now this is the kind of issue I was thinking of, but I do now have an even more cunning plan! Screw having a permanent oil filler! Just have one that I can attach when changing the oil..

So... now my proposed system will be a hose from the cam cover to the bottom of the block, then a t piece just before the block attachment which connects a pipe to just before the charger to provide a vacuum. The other block connection can be blocked off, until it needs filling with oil!!

Maad.

All Praise The GTI

yep thats like mine but mines painted all pretty lol :blush:

and would come witha nice k n n catch tank and all piping and brethers etc

205turbo

i used a zetec rocker cover and chopped the filler off and had it tig welded on, had breathers added on the side

Sign in to follow this