• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
spark-plug

1.9gti On Twin 45's With Megjolt Problems

spark-plug

Just instaled my megajolt system on to my 1.9gti with the carbs not 100% set up. Now it will run but wont idle and wont let me take my foot off the clutch when i put it into gear just dies :P now is that down to the map as in not the right load? im running crank sensore and map sensore off 2 of the 4 pots or can anyone give me a good site to get maps?

spark-plug

does anyone know of a good place to download megajolt maps for 205 on twin 45s?

spark-plug

Really need help on this getting desperate now. ok the wirering is defo right as its a wasted spark leads are in the right order triger wheel is defo at tdc and we have triad varous maps works on some better than others just dies under and misses so all we have left is not having the right map (which i will get set up on rollers but i cant get it there lol) orrrr the fact thats the carbs are wrong but surly if the car was running ok b4 i wired up the megajolt should be fine now :)

pugpete1108

have you checked the timing using a light? it could be waay out.

i cant really help with the spark map as i havent touched mine but im running fuel and spark. is it overfueling?

spark-plug

no i havent checked with a strobe but surly if the n tooth is at tdc as it says in the destructions it should be right?. as for overfuleing thats our next step after we get the usb adapter so we can change the map manuelly in the car itself as we are going just like a rolling road :) but it wont even run on the limp mode map wich makes me think its somthing else B)

spark-plug

would twin spark use more fule? or megajolt in generale using a coil pack instead of dizzy? also my fule pump dosent seem to allways prime but allways starts is that norm?

pugpete1108
no i havent checked with a strobe but surly if the n tooth is at tdc as it says in the destructions it should be right?. as for overfuleing thats our next step after we get the usb adapter so we can change the map manuelly in the car itself as we are going just like a rolling road B) but it wont even run on the limp mode map wich makes me think its somthing else :(

dont trust what you see on paper, i made that mistake when setting up my ms system. check for actual spark at the right time is my advice

i'm confused though? are you running fuel and spark? i assumed that running carbs the ecu doesn't control the amount of fuel added?

i honestly dont know how to set up carbs for fueling but if you are overfueling then its never going to run.you really need to get it hooked up to the laptop to see what its doing, it may not even be seeing a crank signal properly.

would twin spark use more fule? or megajolt in generale using a coil pack instead of dizzy? also my fule pump dosent seem to allways prime but allways starts is that norm?

what is switching the fuel pump? the std relay? it should always pump (well mine does)

gazzer

like you said , if its all set like you say it is then it should run in limp home mode as they call it.

i do have a run program someone sent me on here for 45s on mi16.

spark-plug

mega jolt is just for the spark ignition now i still havent got the usb conection but ive tried over fuleing and under fuleing it on the carbs made it idle but still didetn pull either way ive also triad just runing it on the eddis so it will run on limp mode runs exactly the same i geues its light gun time next what a pain!!!!!!!!

whizzer71
mega jolt is just for the spark ignition now i still havent got the usb conection but ive tried over fuleing and under fuleing it on the carbs made it idle but still didetn pull either way ive also triad just runing it on the eddis so it will run on limp mode runs exactly the same i geues its light gun time next what a pain!!!!!!!!

Thinking outside the box I take it the carbs are A1 condition and the pump jets are all working as they should, right size jetting emulsification tubes correct float heights etc?

:)

spark-plug

I had the car running ok not perfect but good idle at 1200 and defo wasent slow but i knew they would need setting up properly but the linkige is smooth and went well. can we make a 2d map as we tried to (putting the same numbers in all the boxes) to rule out problems with the MAP sensor or will it not work, do you have to have the MAP snesor connected? this is for a v4 megajolt sysyem :) thx for al the advice so far :D

matyasg
i do have a run program someone sent me on here for 45s on mi16.

Would you publish it?

gazzer

have you got it sorted mate??????

if so was it the timing

spark-plug

still not sorted just ran into a brick wall tbh and going to put the dizzy back on and go and get the carbs set up on a rolling road first ;). Pluged it into a computer today while it was running rpm ect went up so im getting a signel ect the air flow from the map was very iratic but im having to feather the throtle to keep it going so no oneder :) . Timeing cog defo i the right place made sure we had perfect tdc off the flywheel all wiring is correct even triad playing with the carbs but still misses like a B.... any other ideas anyone?

stuart

I had identical problems with my megajolt when I first fitted it so ended up putting the dizzy back on to get the carbs set right.

When I put the megajolt back on it was much better than before I had the carbs set up so could just be down to fuelling.

Things worth checking though; gap between crank sensor and trigger wheel must be as close as poss (less than 1mm), crank sensor must be mounted as solidly as possible as vibrations cause missfires, check for air leaks on the inlets, also make sure the carbs aren't too tight as this can agitate the fuel in them which can also cause missfires.

Good luck mate and keep on it, you won't believe it's running on carbs when set up right!

spark-plug

At last someone thats had the same problem!. Yes today we got the dizy back on then wouldent start no spark checked evything then took the newish dizzy cap off to find two of the conectors shird off, the the rotor arm very woberly. In the end it wasent the casue of it not sparking it was the wire that conects to the dizzy that was lose but cant be good though :). also there is a gap of 0.5 to 1.5 possibly 2mm would that really affect it?.

THX DAN

stuart

1 more thing, check that the venturi tubes are aligned properly in the carbs and that the bolts that hold them in (underneath) are tight, was part of the problem with mine.

spark-plug
1 more thing, check that the venturi tubes are aligned properly in the carbs and that the bolts that hold them in (underneath) are tight, was part of the problem with mine.
will do thx :(
  • Like 1

mfield

Another classic one to check is that you haven't got the filter bases on wrong, they can cover the main air inlet to the float chambers. Everything works fine until you try and pull away, it's like hitting a wall. Feels the same as incorrect cam timing.

From what you've described it doesn't sound like this but worth a look I suppose :(

spark-plug

running nice now just with the dizy though wil be perfect when i get them properly set up on thursday :(

rallyman205

hi have you sorted this, if not what trigger disc are you using and have you routed the ign system through a edis 4 module , if you havent loaded a map in the ecu all the ign advance figures and rpm bins will be blank ,you can download a startup map or a full map from the megajolt site

sideways danny
also there is a gap of 0.5 to 1.5 possibly 2mm would that really affect it?.

!!!!!!!!! WTF

I've always set the gap to 0.25-0.5mm whenever fitting a trigger sensor. Upto 2mm is HUGE!!!

spark-plug

yep in the end becasue evrything else was working and that there is such a woble on the wheel that it had to be that but we gave up sprinted it anyway and decided to go into pro karting instead lol so evrything will be up for sale in the next couple of months :lol: