• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Insurance On 205 Van?

johnnyboy666

i've always fancied a 205 van, but i did a couple of insurance quotes yesterday to see how much it would cost to insure a 1.8 diesel XAD.

now i assumed that because it has less seats and isnt a particularly sporty model that it might be relatively cheap. but it wasnt. £2k!!

i'm 21 with 4 years ncb and been driving since i was 17

why the hell is it so expensive??

i'm seriously considering giving up on driving altogether. its too bloody expensive!

pugit666

where did you get your quotes from? I just got some on a 1.8d van. no security on it, kept on road. cheapest was £185. I'm a little older than you though at 32. Try vantrader website for some quotes

swordfish210

I know a guy who tried to get his son insured on a 205 van for his 1st car and he got a simalarly high quote. The problem is the insurers think that because it's a van it will be full of tools or equipment the whole time and if it gets knicked then it will cost them a lot of money to replace the contents.

johnnyboy666

well just tried a quote on vantrader, and the one single quote was £3200

i give up, it was a nice idea but i think i'll get a tu instead theyre a lot cheaper to insure!

harryskid
I know a guy who tried to get his son insured on a 205 van for his 1st car and he got a simalarly high quote. The problem is the insurers think that because it's a van it will be full of tools or equipment the whole time and if it gets knicked then it will cost them a lot of money to replace the contents.

Surely normal insurance covers only the van not the contents! :P

omega

i dont think insurance companys like vans being insured for sd@p,they all think you running a trade out of it. i bought a transit for towing my race car and most off the main stream companys wouldnt touch me,i was running a jag but couldnt get insurance on a old transit!!