• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
one-lady-owner

Insurance Renewal Time.......

one-lady-owner

I'm baffled, completely and utterly!! Story goes like this:

May 2009 - I paid £540 (ish) fully comp for my insurance group 15 205 1.9GTi (Bargain considering I was only 23, with 3 points and 2 accidents to my name!) with 2 years no claims through privilege

May 2010 - They are now asking £650 (ish) fully comp for my group 9 ZX 1.9 TD volcane, now 3 years no claims.

Even stranger considering I told them the GTi was worth about 2k and the zx is worth about 2p.....

They gave me some crap about the ZX being more desirable to thieves and easier to steal, what are they daft!!??!??!?!?

Is it just me or does that sound really, really, really silly?

Henry Yorke

Did I see ZX and Desirable in the same sentence? Did you ring Welshpug by mistake?!

The ZX should be about group 5 shouldn't it? The 306 DTurbo was.

Perhaps people have heard about the rear trailing arms on these as that is desirable part!

Tesstuff

I will give you the 2p mentioned for the ZX Volcane , then you have no problem :(

Maybe it is time to shop around , i had some crazy quotes for the Gti last year, ended up paying peanuts.

one-lady-owner

The ZX is a higher insurance group than the 306, the old N/A diesel ZX I had was a group 7......

I'm doing a little confused/meerkat type searches, plus the few that aren't on them to see what I find!

And I know I'll be burned as a witch for saying this on here, but I much prefer the zx to the 306! I'd have a 16valver over the GTI-6 anyday! (Here's the bit that'll really get the name-calling going) the zx handles better than the 306 and looks better! :(

Edited by one-lady-owner

muddatrucker

Before I wrote it off in the snow, the insurance on my Citroen Xsara was doubled based upon an additional 1 years no claims, never made sense to me, was almost glad to write it off!

SurGie
The ZX is a higher insurance group than the 306, the old N/A diesel ZX I had was a group 7......

I'm doing a little confused/meerkat type searches, plus the few that aren't on them to see what I find!

And I know I'll be burned as a witch for saying this on here, but I much prefer the zx to the 306! I'd have a 16valver over the GTI-6 anyday! (Here's the bit that'll really get the name-calling going) the zx handles better than the 306 and looks better! :(

Yeah coarse they do :D

That's why they sold way more 306 gti 6's than the ZX's. Where are those twigs and sticks i had lying around in the shed ? :(

one-lady-owner

I like the 306 don't get me wrong....... I just prefer the citroen..... passive rear steer FTW!! :D

I've driven a few 306s recently as I was looking at replacing the zx with something with a few less niggles and a few less miles, but after test driving them I just really do prefer the zx.

That's why they sold way more 306 gti 6's than the ZX's

That's possibly why I prefer them, exclusivity!! ;)

one-lady-owner

The zx is still made!!! The Fukang!!

fukang.jpg

fukang-elysee.jpg

Edited by one-lady-owner

rescue dude

That is Fukang hideous !!! ;)

one-lady-owner
That is Fukang hideous !!! :D

Yes, yes it is....

It's the boot that does it, still got the zx face though! ;) (Although I really wish citroen hadn't ruined the front of the zx by changing the full sweeping bonnet into that daft bolt on grill!)

Edited by one-lady-owner

Daviewonder

Maybe the ZX insurance is more expensive because there's a chance you will die of embarrassment while driving it and cause an accident :D

one-lady-owner

I think I'm beginning to realize this really wasn't the place to start telling people about my ZX fetish...... :D

To get back to my original point, I've beaten privilege down to £450 fully comp and they've thrown recovery in FOC, and no comments about me needing recovery due to the fact I drive a ZX!! :D

SorrentoED

well i'm 18 years of age (still a little ankle biter :P ) and my 1.6 GTi is group 12 insurance and is cheaper to insure than a 1.1 saxo, according to quinn - direct. :D . I pay £1200 a year for the GTi. Not bad considering my age and the risk factor :D

skyinsurance
Is it just me or does that sound really, really, really silly?

The way you describe it, yes it sounds silly but insurance companies base most things on claims statistics, eg if more ZX's that 205gti 1.9's are being claimed on, they will charge more for the ZX's.

Feel free to give my company a try mentioning your membership of this club, tel: 02083645500

Baz

It's probably the fact that insurance in general has gone up too.

My renewal quote this year for my personal policy was more than last year, despite having another years NCB. :wacko:

welshpug

the 306 outsold the zx purely because they made the Xsara :wacko:

they are generally a little more expensive than the 306 to insire for some reason, but they are older and earlier on had less of the security and safety measures that were introduced on the 306 and xsara as standard, i.e Mine hasnt got an Airbag, but does have ABS central locking and the standard immobiliser.

I found the easier to break into than a 205 comment amusing, I guess they have never tried themselves :lol:

Ollies comment that the % of claims per registered vehicle does make sense, as there arent many left.

Also, as Baz ciommented, insurance is going up, I can't get any quotes near to what I paid for my 205 18 months ago (under £300 FC) all quotes i get now are in the high £300's, not helped by my current employment status.

Edited by welshpug