• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

New Coil Plugs?

24seven

I need to rewire the plug to the coil on my Mi as the cables are wearing through about an inch back from it, but I can't find that specific type listed on VWP which is the only supplier I've used before. Anyone know where I can get a new plug from? If not is there a specific type of terminal end that I need to use to fit the standard plug? I could just get those alone really.

Cheers,

Guy

GLPoomobile

Plug and terminals are can be bought from Pug (terminals usually in bags of 5). Although I think someone recently managed to find a terminal supplied by VWP that matches these ones (good luck finding that topic though :) ).

24seven

I think I might know which topic it is actually. Will post a link to it if I find it. :)

Would it be worth compiling a list of plugs and part numbers for VWP to use as a sticky in this subsection?

[edit]I found spikey's thread on plugs & pins (that's the one I thought you meant) but no mention of coil plugs/spades. I'd take one off the car and compare it to a catalogue of connectors online, but once it's off I need something to replace it with as I use the car daily. Does anyone know what type of spade the coil plug uses?

Edited by 24seven

GLPoomobile

I'll try and remember to look back through my information later and see if I have a record of the part numbers for the spades I ordered from Pug. If the ones on the cil plug are the same as those in the brown plugs under the dash, then it stands to reason that you can use those ones from VWP that Spikey used.

24seven

Cheers Steve, much appreciated.;)