• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmer

Brake Ducting Options/pics

Liquid_106
OZ Superleggera

Jealous! :)

DRTDVL
Such as:

duct.jpg

Can't think how you'd attach it to the wishbone though :)

doesn't the 206 use something like this?

SurGie

Would there be a problem with rain and water going through to the disks ?

jimmer

this is what i have come up with

post-11400-1272724618_thumb.jpg

harryskid

Do they work though? :P

RossD

Looks interesting Jimmer - What calipers are you using there?

jimmer
Looks interesting Jimmer - What calipers are you using there?

PTS alcon 4 pots

engine killer
Do they work though? :huh:

I think so. I have seen quite a number of Porsches (944,968 and 911) have this kind of duct/flap in front of their front wishbones.

harryskid

I like the idea but i would be worried if i tried them on my rally car. I mean would they be a bit vulnerable on uneven surfaces?

:)

AlexN

I've been reading this thread with interest as I need to complete the cooling system for my 405 track car. I know that this is not for a 205, but below are a couple pictures of my super touring front splitter that I managed to get hold of with integrated brake ducts (and carbon fibre rear wing, arches etc B) ). I'll have to get some sort of ducting to direct the airflow onto the discs correctly as mentioned earlier in this thread.

4382825486_ca8b0971c0_b.jpg

4382061585_ed60108d7b_b.jpg

The brakes this setup will be cooling are shown below, compared to a set of 406 Brembos!

4526873306_4e33038a70_b.jpg

jimmer
I like the idea but i would be worried if i tried them on my rally car. I mean would they be a bit vulnerable on uneven surfaces?

:)

i did think that myself when making these, on sealed surfaces i think they should be ok. When you get into realy looking what will work on a 205 its bit of an engineering nightmare, with the drive shaft and brake calliper in front of the hub there really isn't much room, i can't see how anything else will work. I have looked at the proper ducting method and there is very little room for a outlet duct on to the centre of the disc, couple that with a good steering lock on a 205 (which is definatly needed for sealed surface chicanes) compared to some circuit/track cars that could loose some lock and free up space for more complex ducting. I'm doing some testing next week on Keevil airfield so i will report back to see if they work!

engine killer

This is the one I found in a Porsche 993 Turbo S

post-4860-1274057606_thumb.jpg

jimmer

After a track day at Keevil last monday with a fairly high speed circuit the brakes performed really well, No hick-ups at all, even with a lot of left foot braking. I could stop in a third of the distance of an evo 6. Back in the pits after the laps my disc temps were around 200 degrees celcius, which was around half of my mates evo. Whether the air duct fitted made a big differance i don't really know, but on a fastish circuit/stage i think it can only help.

harryskid
After a track day at Keevil last monday with a fairly high speed circuit the brakes performed really well, No hick-ups at all, even with a lot of left foot braking. I could stop in a third of the distance of an evo 6. Back in the pits after the laps my disc temps were around 200 degrees celcius, which was around half of my mates evo. Whether the air duct fitted made a big differance i don't really know, but on a fastish circuit/stage i think it can only help.

I assume you were on the main track, not the rough narrow bit we used last year on the Fat Albert? Also are you doing The Three Counties as we could have a chat? :lol:

jimmer
I assume you were on the main track, not the rough narrow bit we used last year on the Fat Albert? Also are you doing The Three Counties as we could have a chat? :)

yeah i've just entered 3 counties stages, hopefully i'll get my first finish for 3 events.