• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PaulJLLD

Dta Ecu

PaulJLLD

Anyone using DTA on there 205, Any feedback would be great.

Thanks Paul

Tom Fenton

Yes, I'm pleased with it.

Matt Holley

Here too, does everything I need it to do.

Dj_mini

Dta + sandys mapping = great very happy for the money you cant go wrong.

PaulJLLD

What did you lot do with the loom side? make your own or use one of theres?

allanallen

mines good too :) I think most folk make there own loom as custom looms are ££££££

PaulJLLD
mines good too :lol: I think most folk make there own loom as custom looms are ££££££

Thats what i want to do but the chap who gave me a pice on the DTA which is my closest place with a rolling road keeps saying i got have there loom, which i ant happy about and it ant cheap either. guna get some more price on diffrent ecus monday.

Sandy

DJ made his own loom, on the one hand I can understand why a tuner might recommend their own loom, because problems with an iffy loom can make the mapping turn into a nightmare, but to insist is a bit brave!

The crank sensor cable and power supply/earth have to be top notch, connections need to be good and clean too.

sideways danny
Thats what i want to do but the chap who gave me a pice on the DTA which is my closest place with a rolling road keeps saying i got have there loom, which i ant happy about and it ant cheap either. guna get some more price on diffrent ecus monday.

You probably wont save much by building your own loom if you do it to a high standard. It just tends to look expensive as it's a chunk of money rather than lots of bits and pieces. Looms from DTA are relatively expensive compared to other manufacturers, but the ECU itself is cheaper so it balances out. I'd always recommend using a ready built race loom, cut in looms are problematic and DIY built looms I've seen cost DAYS extra when cars have com in for mapping

PaulJLLD

Thanks for your input guys.

CaptainK
Dta + sandys mapping = great very happy for the money you cant go wrong.

+1 I have a Sandy mapped DTA S40 ECU on my 205 GTi6 along with a set of Colin's ITBs. Really good stuff and I'm very pleased with it 8)