• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
grantley1988

Compo Wheels?

Pugnut
Compomotive have recently cast a batch of 15x7 monos as they had stopped doing them a while ago. They won't diamond cut them anymore though like the ones on Lee etches old car (jackherers pics) :)

Incidently Jackherer's mates are 15 x 8s!

Ravydave; where did you get your TH's diamond cut?

I have just recieved a reply from Comp and they say they have no 15x7 TH mono's currently, but are compiling a list of people requesting them, and won't do a batch until they have enough interest. I have also enquired about the fitment of 15x8's as they initially recommended 15x7's. So i should now be on the waiting list. I also enquired about the dianond cut ones, and i'm waiting for a response.

grantley1988
I have just recieved a reply from Comp and they say they have no 15x7 TH mono's currently, but are compiling a list of people requesting them, and won't do a batch until they have enough interest. I have also enquired about the fitment of 15x8's as they initially recommended 15x7's. So i should now be on the waiting list. I also enquired about the dianond cut ones, and i'm waiting for a response.

Was about to post something along those lines! Had an email today, so am on the list aswell!

Pugnut

further correspondance with Compomotive:

Hi Alan

Thank you for your reply. Please excuse my late reply. I have registered your email address on the 'TH' mono interest list and notify you of any further updates.

I seem to be having trouble opening all of the posted link, but from what I could see the wheel in the image is the TH1580 8x15. It's easier to identify from its smaller 7x15 cousin because it is more ''dished'' in appearance.

Although to the best of our knowledge this is too wide for a standard 205 fitment? And the TH1570 would be the easier fit?

If however it's been tried and tested so to speak with these forum chaps , then I guess we stand corrected. You will need to advise us of what offset these guys are running? But this is academic until we have a confirmed production date.

We will keep in touch.

Best regards

James

So, Kieran, do you know the offset ?

Jrod

When I ran 8J wheels I used 0 E.T, much more than this and it would of scrubbed the inside arch.

jackherer
So, Kieran, do you know the offset ?

I'll have a proper look when I'm in Chelmsford next, probably tomorrow. Like I said earlier they are fitted with spacers and something else to consider is that there are no front brakes fitted in the pics above, I just looked at Henry's vid on youtube and they do look to be slightly further out with discs fitted -

Also I don't know if thats a 309 beam or not...

JamesLumley

15 x 8

ET0

They still scrub the inside of my front arches on full lock and rub the rear arches despite heavy body modification and arch extensions.

Great for handling but I wouldn't receommend more than 7J on a road/track car.

500_0905.jpg

DSCN1010.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

Jrod
15 x 8

ET0

I was using 16x8 and had no problems on the front. The rears were also fine but the arches had been cut (as it was a base model shell!)

Mine was a bit lower than yours aswell.

Rich_p

I suspect you were running lower profile tyres than the tarmac tyres in the picture above, that would make a difference with the clearance.

custard-rallye

dished ones above look ace

Jrod
I suspect you were running lower profile tyres than the tarmac tyres in the picture above, that would make a difference with the clearance.

Yep they were a fair bit smaller than them, 215/40/16. Still the profile wouldnt cause it to rub the inner arch, would it? :)

welshpug

they can do, as it makes the tyre taller and squarer, the overall width does vary sometimes even with the same width numbers.