• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richardjw

Single Wiper Conversion

richardjw

Hello again,

I've read the articel on the forum, and have started preparing the single wiper stuff....

One small problem is I am struggling to find a Citreon BX wiper arm and pipes from a scrap yard, they just dont seem to exist here in Bedford.

Anyone got any other ideas what wiper will fit? Still into the wiper mounted washers though.

Thank you! :(

pugpete1108

i think i have a single wiper arm in the garage going spare as i am going back to twin wipers. will have a look. cant remember if it has the spray bar though im afraid. im pretty sure it doesnt.

will have a look tomorrow if you want

AdamP

Although it all looks very good, if you're planning to drive in the rain I would advise again it! They just don't clear the screen fast enough. I've still got mine because i've always been a form over function person :( and the car only really gets used in the summer...

Edited by AdamP

one-lady-owner

I don't know how feasible it is to use a citroen zx single wiper system, but even in the heaviest of rain I've never wished for two wipers on my zx! (A good coating of rainex probably helps this)

JRL

I have a single wiper with a 106 wiper motor works well.

Baz

You can just modify the standard linkage. They're really not that good for a car that gets used in the rain/on the road etc though.

I have one on one of my track cars;

th_DSC00785.jpg

Edited by Baz

richardjw

Bit of confusion here.

I know how to do the conversion, simple law of mechnicics with fulcrums and load points....

Im struggling to locate a suitable wiper with spray bar.

Not using it apart from track days! Rainex has already been applied.

Thank you all though!!

AdamP

Would an AX one not be long enough! I see to remember the one on my AX GT being a very similar design to the BX one on my 205.

backroadpug

just find a straight arm you dont need the spray bar as you will still have the jets on the bonnet i used a ax arm

Baz

405's have similar spray bars too, if that helps the search! ;)

just find a straight arm you dont need the spray bar as you will still have the jets on the bonnet i used a ax arm

:facepalm:

JRL

Apart from looking mean what are the advantages? less drag? more visiblity when they are working? I have rainex and didnt find it all that great. I have put wax on glass before and it makes it bead just as well what do you think of it?

Henry Yorke

Meant to be less weigh and less drag as well as looking very BTCC. It is a very mid-late 1990s mod that sort of went out of fashion as wiper linkages became more complex.

On the ones I did, I just welded a 13mm nut into the arm off the motor and that gave the perfect sweep (you need to extend that by 13mm). For the arm, I used a standard 205 arm, just put in a vice to bend straight and then a quick paint. IIRC a 22inch 406 wiper blade was needed