• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yeti-dj

V6 Cabrio 205 On Pistonheads

samc

its my mates car, sounds awesome, the wheels are 406 coupe 1s with smaller tyres, look s*it on the 406 but look perfect on the 205

24seven

I quite like that. Reading the posts above I didn't think the wheels would look good at all but on a cab and at that ride height they work a lot better than I expected. From the one pic the engine looks really neat in there, though I'm not too keen on the flower by the fog light. :lol:

Jrod

Shame is a CTI. :lol:

Baz
Shame is a CTI. :huh:

Non sunroof. :lol:

samc

lol pretty sure the flower is a teddy bear lol hes built loads of fast 205s, had a wicked miami blue 1 with cage. 2.1 mi16 etc was a beast. think he just wanted something different

BERTMAN

im not really into cabriolets but i really like that

Henry Yorke
Shame is a CTI. B)

They have a lower centre of gravity, non sunroof and a roll cage and plastic windows as standard :)

A V6 cruiser is perfect for a CTI as it is torque and not revs you want on a summers day with the roof off. Having driven an Mi'd CTI, it was too noisy and uncomfortable.

jim205GTI

Tidy looking and if it's a good summer that would be the car to be in!!! the noise with the roof down :huh:;)

Daviewonder

Nice car, looks very tidy. Don't see many CTI's these days. Theres a red one local to me thats not been used in years but is garaged, I hope one day to pick it up for a bargain price :)

205turbo
Nice car, looks very tidy. Don't see many CTI's these days. Theres a red one local to me thats not been used in years but is garaged, I hope one day to pick it up for a bargain price :)

I love my Cti, was on holiday last week and took it out of storage after a couple of years. It has a rebuilt mi16 in at the moment but the plan is to v6 it after the summer has gone,

12317_410422680907_589880907_5124123_5369594_n.jpg

24seven

I've just noticed something that actually makes a huge difference to the looks of the thing. The black strips down the sides of the sills, and after a quick google it seems that all CTis have these. Are they separable strips or are they permanently attached to the car?

Jrod
They have a lower centre of gravity, non sunroof and a roll cage and plastic windows as standard :lol:

Good ingredients don't always end up with an end product I like. :)

Goliath

It looks like a nice tidy install. There's a couple of video's of it on youtube

Can't wait to have my convertible running as a V6 :(

Gentrix

I noticed something really nice too - the window frame is painted black instead of red. This is really a good idea - gives a nice shape to the bodyline.

andi

yeti-dj

Guessing the black lines on the sills are stone guard, seems odd that they arent the colour of the car, hadnt even noticed the windscreen frame being black, nice sneeky touch ...

Jrod

I do have to question anyone who has a teddy on their towing eye though.

richsmells

There's a topaz 1.9 around here with a teddy hanging off the rear valance, dragging on the road. I think it's a 'scene' thing :)

Edited by richsmells

RHULPUG
I do have to question anyone who has a teddy on their towing eye though.

Zippy from Rainbow!

24seven

There's a slammed mk3 golf always parked outside uni with an incredible hulk on the rear towing eye. It's so low his legs have worn off.

Can those plastic sill stone chips be bought separately if that's what they are? they tidy up the lower edge of the car really well.

2-Pugs

Don't think so. The CTI has much beefier sills to compensate for having no roof. So that's effectively what you're seeing there.

Alastairh

Nice.

Although, I saw the original advert which had more engine bay pics and didn't think much to the wiring below the header tank.

Al

Edited by Alastairh