• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
one-lady-owner

Citroen Zx Volcane....

one-lady-owner

My cheap and cheerful hack is coming to the end of it's life, MOT runs out on June 10th and there's no way given my current funds I'll be able to get her MOT ready and passed so I'll most likely be scrapping it. My local scrappy have offered me £105 if I get it to them, seems good to me!!

It's on 221k at the moment, although that will probably be nearer 225k when the MOT comes round, engine is very strong, uses no oil or water, starts first push of the button every day (even during the daft snow we've had) doesn't smoke on startup, only smokes a little if you give it a bootful at high revs (and even then you can only see the smoke at night if there's someone behind you whose lights illuminate it!), it's whisper quiet at cruising speeds (80ish) and is very comfortable!

Being the volcane it's got discs on the back, I know disc volcane trailing arms are a good choice for track or fast road orientated 205s (1 degree neg camber IIRC) I don't personally have the time, space or energy to break it myself. Would there be any interest from anyone on here? PM me if you might be interested at the time, and feel like offering me more than my scrappy will give me for it! I'm just gauging interest really at the moment but would be more than happy to commit to someone if they wanted it!

EDIT: Even more impressively all the electrics still work (except the central locking, it was a little temperamental so I pulled the fuse!)

Edited by one-lady-owner

welshpug

Colour and what do you think it'll need for MOT?

one-lady-owner

Black (ish.... laquer peel on roof, rear spoiler is pretty much white it's faded so much) you can't get into the boot as the lock has seized solid. The rear beam creaks at low speed up drop kerbs etc, but there isn't any play in it that I can feel when rocking the wheel from outside. The windscreen leaks into the drivers footwell (I've had bubbles on the inside of the screen shortly after using the screenwash at speed). It's covered in little scratches and dents from 220k worth of driving, including some vandalism, swirl scratches on one of the rear door windows and the rear window itself. There is something wrong with the lock mechanism in the nearside rear door so it's a bugger to unlock and if you do manage it it's even more difficult to lock again! The offside rear door window is held up by a block of wood in the door (cable snapped, wood was previous owners bodge, doesn't appear to leak, and there's no wind noise at speed so presumably it's alright!) Front fogs are rusted to hell and don't work very well. And every so often there is (I believe) an earthing fault that causes the instrument panel lights to fail, although since I took it out to replace a couple of bulbs and wobbled the wiring it hasn't gone off since (approx 2 months and 4k miles).

For MOT you'd probably be looking at new rear offside caliper (seizing sliders, thus no handbrake), there's a crack on the front bumper that'll need taping up, tyres are all good, there's plenty of meat left on all the brake pads and discs, passenger seatbelt mounting probably isn't as secure as it could be, not sure if it would fail but possibly! Rear wiper blade and a new front numberplate (it's damaged slightly and isn't properly secure) I think that's about it

It's a long list, but nothing too serious, the last owner was a citroen mechanic and had it from 96k to 214k and just replaced everything that ever needed doing so mechanically it's in pretty good shape!

EDIT: Oh, and the only rust I can see is a small amount at the bottom of both front doors (only visible from the inside) everything else is solid.

And just to be clear it is the car in my sig and is therefore the 1.9TurboD, just thought I'd stick it in as I haven't mentioned it before!

Edited by one-lady-owner